Author Topic: Comparison Chart for Kornit Breeze vs Belquette Genesis RG-2  (Read 4612 times)

Offline spsi

• Verified/Junior
Re: Comparison Chart for Kornit Breeze vs Belquette Genesis RG-2
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 05:08:39 PM »

Forgive me if something seemed unfair. I have done nothing more than share my thoughts. Which were questioned almost as if id make this stuff up. I went on to prove my communication with him, proof of him using my file and who I talked to. My email above should have a date on it. I have no idea if he is with them or not anymore. I don't know him. He approached me when he saw we were looking at the Brother DTG. This is a pretty cut and dry deal. Maybe he rushed the print, not sure. I just know it had banding in the orange truck and we moved on.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply unfairness on your part.  It seemed like the timing coincides with when you ended up buying the Brother, so it was feasible that the photographed shirt is actually the one they sent you. Further, there's not a lot Belquette can do about what's posted on their former employee's account AFAIK.  It should be policy to never, ever, ever, use customer artwork for demonstration unless the customer has explicitly approved of it.  We don't post photos of customer artwork unless explicitly approved. 
spsi.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »
In fairness, my understanding is that Eric Deem left belquette, and also that post is from about a year ago - probably when the sample print was sent out?

Forgive me if something seemed unfair. I have done nothing more than share my thoughts. Which were questioned almost as if id make this stuff up. I went on to prove my communication with him, proof of him using my file and who I talked to. My email above should have a date on it. I have no idea if he is with them or not anymore. I don't know him. He approached me when he saw we were looking at the Brother DTG. This is a pretty cut and dry deal. Maybe he rushed the print, not sure. I just know it had banding in the orange truck and we moved on.

Update: Just found our conversation on our company facebook page. Ill attach.
Just the opposite here! You are very casual with the fact that they were using your image which is a clear copyright violation. I think the fairness was supposed to address the fact the the violator is no longer employed by the company, presumably because of his tendencies to do what he was not supposed to do. At leas that's the way I read it.
 I think Jerid should send you a gallon of pretreatment fluid as a thank you for not raising a stink over it!

Pierre

It could have read 2 ways and since it seemed like I was being questioned about this event it leaned the way I replied.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply unfairness on your part.  It seemed like the timing coincides with when you ended up buying the Brother, so it was feasible that the photographed shirt is actually the one they sent you. Further, there's not a lot Belquette can do about what's posted on their former employee's account AFAIK.  It should be policy to never, ever, ever, use customer artwork for demonstration unless the customer has explicitly approved of it.  We don't post photos of customer artwork unless explicitly approved. 

The use of my image was months after that choice was made and months after I received a sample print.

At this stage I have no beef to pick them at all even for using that image what looks like at least once in a demo of some kind months after they did me a sample print. I only was being transparent to what took place since I was being kind of questioned. I wasn't even upset with Belquette nor am I now. I just decided on a different machine. Eric didn't have to offer a sample at all. So good on him for attempting to get the sale.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
Sorry guys, I wasn't subscribed to this thread so I didn't see any replies.

I recognize the artwork now and I can guarantee you, we (BelQuette) would have only used it for you and no one else. If he used it for anyone else, I am not aware of it since our policy is to only use customer art for that customer unless we have written approval to use it for samples for anyone else. The post to instagram would have been done by Eric with a picture taken at the time of the print, although he may not have posted it to instagram instantly. That being said, I didn't see the print before it went out the door so unfortunately I wouldn't have seen the banding. As for the Instagram post, that is on Eric's personal instagram and we have no way of removing it. If you want it removed, let me know and I'll get in touch with him and ask him to remove it.

If it came across that I was questioning you, that wasn't my intention. I was more confused than anything and wanted to get to the bottom of the issue and why we would have sent a banded tshirt out the door. And not knowing what artwork you were talking about only confused the situation for me a touch more.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:36:24 AM by JeridHill »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 12:35:02 PM »
Sorry guys, I wasn't subscribed to this thread so I didn't see any replies.

I recognize the artwork now and I can guarantee you, we (BelQuette) would have only used it for you and no one else. If he used it for anyone else, I am not aware of it since our policy is to only use customer art for that customer unless we have written approval to use it for samples for anyone else. The post to instagram would have been done by Eric with a picture taken at the time of the print, although he may not have posted it to instagram instantly. That being said, I didn't see the print before it went out the door so unfortunately I wouldn't have seen the banding. As for the Instagram post, that is on Eric's personal instagram and we have no way of removing it. If you want it removed, let me know and I'll get in touch with him and ask him to remove it.

If it came across that I was questioning you, that wasn't my intention. I was more confused than anything and wanted to get to the bottom of the issue and why we would have sent a banded tshirt out the door. And not knowing what artwork you were talking about only confused the situation for me a touch more.

I don't care that he posted it, don't really much care that it was used apparently for promotion in some way. I simply was proving my point that we had received a sample print. I highly doubt he waited to share that image 5-6 months later. So I am guessing it was being printed at some point(s) and it is what it is as long as you believe that's stopped I am cool about it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 12:47:38 PM »
I don't check every shirt that goes out the door, but I can definitively tell you that this image is not in our sample image folder that is shared on our network. So anyone who would currently send out sample prints, they wouldn't have access to printing this image. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your understanding as I was probing for info!