Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 103757 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Mlink in the building.
« on: December 10, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »
New MLink has landed, I believe I am one of the first if not the first on the board with one. Landed today, install next week. Once we get it up and running and comfy with it we will allow you guys to send some garments for testing if you like and we can even compare it against our brand new Brother unit.  Looking forward to seeing them both in action and going over what I like about this one vs the other and pros/cons of each.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jvieira

Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
I'm excited to see the results but is it really fair to compare a $15.000 unit against a $75.000 other?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »
I'm excited to see the results but is it really fair to compare a $15.000 unit against a $75.000 other?

Brother is actually a 25k unit, the Mlink I believe is around 40k, the Mlink X is more like 75k.  To be fair the brother was onsale at $20k + pretreat and such. 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »
My interest is what's inside the M-link that makes them as for that price like the print heads etc, Yeah I know they have to have some kind of patented stuff going on that we might not know of, but dang 40K & 75K.  I know we all are looking for a true push button easy DTG machine that you can walk away for a week or two maybe a month and hit print and your back in action with out clogs and extra maintenance that cost you an arm and leg....with that said can't wait to see your result's Brandt.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 02:32:57 PM »
My interest is what's inside the M-link that makes them as for that price like the print heads etc, Yeah I know they have to have some kind of patented stuff going on that we might not know of, but dang 40K & 75K.  I know we all are looking for a true push button easy DTG machine that you can walk away for a week or two maybe a month and hit print and your back in action with out clogs and extra maintenance that cost you an arm and leg....with that said can't wait to see your result's Brandt.

Our Tech for the Brother leaves theirs for weeks no prints. No issues.  He wouldn't fib us he installed our Roland as well and every single thing he's told us about it has been 100% accurate.  Ill take him for the word.  The Mlink I know zero about, I only seen one when it hit my shop floor.  First impression is that its a beast, Brother came in a box, MLink came on a pallet. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
There are shut-down steps for white ink.  CMYK is no biggie.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
Brandt that's what I've been told by several different companies ( you can walk away for a week or so and come back and hit print with no worry) then I talk to a few owner's and they say yeah right LOL.  I know when we pull the trigger on one I can't see us using it 24/7 and might would sit a week or so maybe without use and I'm just scare to get a unit that needs a constant dose of use.   What Brad said about white ink that's the problem ink that cause's the most trouble.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »
Excited to hear your review! I tried to find a M-Link owner a little while ago to help a friend out but couldn't find anyone I knew. I really look forward to hearing about it!

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
Excited to hear your review! I tried to find a M-Link owner a little while ago to help a friend out but couldn't find anyone I knew. I really look forward to hearing about it!

Soon as its running send some shirts, wont be any charge other than cover your shipping. Also understand I am not a DTG pro yet, so I wouldn't exactly suggest sending me something to sell right away, but if you want to see some no BS results from a newbie, we can do that Haha.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »
Brandt that's what I've been told by several different companies ( you can walk away for a week or so and come back and hit print with no worry) then I talk to a few owner's and they say yeah right LOL.  I know when we pull the trigger on one I can't see us using it 24/7 and might would sit a week or so maybe without use and I'm just scare to get a unit that needs a constant dose of use.   What Brad said about white ink that's the problem ink that cause's the most trouble.

Everyone will see different results because everyone does things a little different I am sure. 

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »
Do a video with same design being printed at same time. Then do a ink consumption usage. Those 2 things are the big ones, plus pretreat time.

That should tell a lot about everything ROI to output looks of the 2 printers.

My thoughts.
Shane

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 05:20:51 PM »
Do a video with same design being printed at same time. Then do a ink consumption usage. Those 2 things are the big ones, plus pretreat time.

That should tell a lot about everything ROI to output looks of the 2 printers.

My thoughts.
Shane

We will do some comparison printing for sure, same design same shirt type stuff and will post results. Can't wait to see myself which is better in what ways. 

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
For sure I would love to see the difference. I have seen the 361 in my shop run, not mlink. Very interested.

Shane

Offline Croft

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »
how often/ many shirts a week or month do you think you need to do to make it worth getting?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 05:44:51 PM »
how often/ many shirts a week or month do you think you need to do to make it worth getting?

Not sure on the Mlink yet as its still in a crate.  I will provide some real world ink usage for both the machines for our style of printing soon as we are using it normally.