Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 103761 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »
...can I send some shoes?

;) ;D
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
What's the pre treat like for the M-Link?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »
What's the pre treat like for the M-Link?

Using same machine as the Brother for both.  Its easy as hell really.  But that machine is about 5k.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 10:21:28 AM »
Install starts today.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »
Crazy cool man!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 07:18:00 AM »
Prints quick on white, doubt we print much white though.  Will be running darks/blacks today.  Right away differences are coming forward between the two machines.  The Brother is slower, more ink use and due to that lost some detail in the prints we did so far. BUT, the Mlink has some light banding in this print on the blue, BUT each print it is going more and more away and we've only done a couple prints late yesterday so we suspect it will go away all the way.  Today should tell the full story on that.

Video here:
https://www.facebook.com/138282122879494/videos/1019047731469591/

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 07:18:58 AM »
That print is on 1200x600 BTW.  I believe there is 1 quality level higher and a couple lower levels.

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »
Very nice, I am wanting to see that in AC this spring.  I know that the M&R version is not the exact same version lawson was selling so I am interested to see how it holds up. Also, I am assuming M&R spent a good bit of time working on the rip.  When using the white ink, does the cost compare similar due to ink costs or is brother a loose/loose as far as ink costs being high per CC and use more?

I am still a believe in Epson heads running slower at high resolution, but this machine may change that.
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
Very nice, I am wanting to see that in AC this spring.  I know that the M&R version is not the exact same version lawson was selling so I am interested to see how it holds up. Also, I am assuming M&R spent a good bit of time working on the rip.  When using the white ink, does the cost compare similar due to ink costs or is brother a loose/loose as far as ink costs being high per CC and use more?

I am still a believe in Epson heads running slower at high resolution, but this machine may change that.

We run some dark's today, not ran any yet on the M&R.  I am told ink costs are lower on the M&R across the board, but I have no data to report on that yet other that whites are using more ink on the brother and its not as good a print but its is marginal. The brother appears to be putting more ink down, causing some detail loss.  Keep in mind we could play with settings some I am sure to get them closer to look.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
So ran the first black, looks better (more vibrant), prints faster, and ink cost NO BS is a fraction of the brother.  We have some tweaking to do with pretreat/heat pressing as the print has more shirt fibers in it than the brother tests did.  So we will play with that today. Heat press time is way more than the Brother though.

Here is first black off the machine.

Offline easyscore

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 11:01:20 AM »
Try heat pressing before the pretreatment. Seems to helps us keep the fibers down. Think roller squeegee on press.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
Try heat pressing before the pretreatment. Seems to helps us keep the fibers down. Think roller squeegee on press.

We may but now we'd be heat pressing a shirt 6 times (assuming a front and back print).  I think at some point that is a bit much to expect.

In other news as of right now that shirt above was about $.60 in ink, the brother was around $4. Keep in mind plus around $1 each for pretreat. 

He's re-calibrating the machine now as we are seeing some alignment issues and even with clean heads we are seeing some banding on the blue of the white shirt printed previously.  The Brother had VERY light banding on that print as well but honestly if I didn't point it out to you, doubt you would notice. 

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »

We may but now we'd be heat pressing a shirt 6 times (assuming a front and back print).  I think at some point that is a bit much to expect.

In other news as of right now that shirt above was about $.60 in ink, the brother was around $4. Keep in mind plus around $1 each for pretreat. 

He's re-calibrating the machine now as we are seeing some alignment issues and even with clean heads we are seeing some banding on the blue of the white shirt printed previously.  The Brother had VERY light banding on that print as well but honestly if I didn't point it out to you, doubt you would notice.
Pre-treatment should average around .25-.30. At least that is what we see on our unit. There should be no banding and you should not have to manipulate the file in almost all cases. The quality of the shirt is a major player when it comes to ink jet. Contact Alex or Geoff Baxter to get better information on the type of shirt. Also the ink we use is curable down the dryer but not at screen speeds so that will need to be addressed later.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:40:44 AM by 244 »
Rich Hoffman

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 11:46:04 AM »

Pre-treatment should average around .25-.30. At least that is what we see on our unit. There should be no banding and you should not have to manipulate the file in almost all cases. The quality of the shirt is a major player when it comes to ink jet. Contact Alex or Geoff Baxter to get better information on the type of shirt. Also the ink we use is curable down the dryer but not at screen speeds so that will need to be addressed later.

We did loose math based on the Brother Pre-Treat.  Banding he's hoping will be good once he's calibrated it he's about to do more printing now on it.

Market we are in uses Gildan about 90% of the time, so we are stuck there a bit. They want a bunch of color options and they are heavy set many of them.  We have some other garments here to test but ultimately it will have to work on a G200. 

Ya we'd be too far away from the dryer to use that to cure,

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 12:16:31 PM »
Can you "flash" it under a heat press and stack them to run down the dryer later?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.