Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 103784 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »
Here was the digital mock up of this from when we screen printed it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »
Heres another, Brother left, M&R Right. Staggering differences on this print.

Brother -
Print Time: 5:31
Ink Use: 1.85 CMYK / 11.58 White
Print Cost: $6.76

Mlink-
Print Time: 5:11
Ink Use:  .96 CMYK / 4.35 White
Print Cost: $1.30

Pretty much nothing right about the Brother Print on this one. White looks bad, real bad. Splotchy, not bright. Even the underabse was not as bright as I would have figured as it was printing it. So on this one the M&R was faster, better, and cheaper.  Second image is close up of the Brother, 3rd is the M&R.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2015, 01:23:46 PM »
Wow, what do you think is contributing to such big differences now when it seemed they were printing fairly similar before?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »
Yea, little confused here as well.  If these are "best settings" for each machine, why are these looking worse than your untouched out of the box brother prints from last week?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »
Wow, what do you think is contributing to such big differences now when it seemed they were printing fairly similar before?

No idea. The nozzle checks were good, did all the maintenance as instructed.  Its going down hill fast.   In the interest of being honest, the print before this picture of the same design off the Brother I made them reprint it it was so bad.  So It cost me 2 prints to go from terrible to bad.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »
Yea, little confused here as well.  If these are "best settings" for each machine, why are these looking worse than your untouched out of the box brother prints from last week?

These are the same settings as last week, that's why this is confusing to us as well.  Nothing has changes other than the machine sat all weekend.  Nozzle checks are good. Puzzling.  Everything we've printed prior to today has been pretty similar on each machine other than the Legends shirt. So this is interesting.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »

These are the same settings as last week, that's why this is confusing to us as well.  Nothing has changes other than the machine sat all weekend.  Nozzle checks are good. Puzzling.  Everything we've printed prior to today has been pretty similar on each machine other than the Legends shirt. So this is interesting.
I will go out on a limb as I am not there and say the white has an issue from sitting over the weekend. I don't know how to clean it out but I think that is the issue. Our machine has a built in solution for this issue.
Rich Hoffman

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »
What is the difference in shutdown vs mlink to brother? I'm assuming you have to have some fluid in the capping station on each?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »
What is the difference in shutdown vs mlink to brother? I'm assuming you have to have some fluid in the capping station on each?

Brother we were told to shut it off.  Mlink stays running and agitates/cycles ink.  The Brother does this all on boot up, shake carts, agitate process on the head.  Each have nozzle checks to run before printing. 

I will go out on a limb as I am not there and say the white has an issue from sitting over the weekend. I don't know how to clean it out but I think that is the issue. Our machine has a built in solution for this issue.

Something has to be up for sure. Looks way worse than it had in the past.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
Can you do a head cleaning? Not sure if that would help or not.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »
Not to ride on Rich's coattails, but that was my first thought also.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »
Can you do a head cleaning? Not sure if that would help or not.

Did all that this AM, nozzles checked out good.  So its a bit odd. 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
I would look at the pre treat. Assure yourself that the pre treat is actually happening as it should for both tees equally. Assure its an apples to apples. It visually seems as if the brother tee may have not received enough pre treat. This would make the ink brighter. Was ithe brother the first on the pre treat or 2nd?  You may have to do a test scrap pre treat at the very beginning of the morning to get consistant results.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2015, 03:46:10 PM »
I would look at the pre treat. Assure yourself that the pre treat is actually happening as it should for both tees equally. Assure its an apples to apples. It visually seems as if the brother tee may have not received enough pre treat. This would make the ink brighter. Was ithe brother the first on the pre treat or 2nd?  You may have to do a test scrap pre treat at the very beginning of the morning to get consistant results.

M&R was first I believe, but we spray a few times on the Pretreat machine in the AM. I think we have some other issue going on because as mentioned we had been seeing mostly similar prints.  We are so behind its not looking good for much testing today. 

Offline jvieira

« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2015, 04:30:31 PM »

Welcome to DTG. Try to make a long run with DTG and you'll be pulling your hair!