Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 103861 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2015, 05:22:20 AM »
There's a guy practically across the street from us that popped up with a Brother GT-341.  I went to have him do 2 youths to add to a customer order.  Paid $15 a piece for a 10x10 print and a 4x3 print on each.... and they were so terrible I wouldn't send them to my customer.  May have been my art, but who knows.  The pre-treat actually dyed the shirt as well.  Almost like it got burnt.

Really rooting for the Brother to do well here as I feel part of the problem I saw with this guy is they seem to have no clue.

So far the Brother and the M&R pre-treat is discoloring some shirt colors. But all have washed in the washer.  I am wondering if we should launder before shipping to be honest. Customers first impression is everything.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2015, 06:25:29 AM »
There's a guy practically across the street from us that popped up with a Brother GT-341.  I went to have him do 2 youths to add to a customer order.  Paid $15 a piece for a 10x10 print and a 4x3 print on each.... and they were so terrible I wouldn't send them to my customer.  May have been my art, but who knows.  The pre-treat actually dyed the shirt as well.  Almost like it got burnt.

Really rooting for the Brother to do well here as I feel part of the problem I saw with this guy is they seem to have no clue.

So far the Brother and the M&R pre-treat is discoloring some shirt colors. But all have washed in the washer.  I am wondering if we should launder before shipping to be honest. Customers first impression is everything.

Unless there is too much pre-treat it should be barely noticeable, if at all, as the end result. No way you want to pre-wash 1000s of shirts before sending to customers.

Can you take a picture that can show the difference?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2015, 06:39:53 AM »

Unless there is too much pre-treat it should be barely noticeable, if at all, as the end result. No way you want to pre-wash 1000s of shirts before sending to customers.

Charcoal shirts seem to be the most noticeable. Ill try to do one soon and get a pic.  Wasn't like crazy or anything. Just some what discolored.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2015, 07:35:59 AM »
I am not sure how the ink cartridges work and what not. But is there any feedback from the companies about how long anything needs to be replaced after certain amount of time? And if there is is there a difference in price of those parts from each manufacturer?

Or are these sort of new machines and theres no data on that yet?

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2015, 07:54:52 AM »
On the Mlink series the ink filters should be done in 6mo and 1yr intervals depending on which one it is. Wipers once per year as well total cost is around $425.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »
On the Mlink series the ink filters should be done in 6mo and 1yr intervals depending on which one it is. Wipers once per year as well total cost is around $425.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex is there a way I can see total prints on the Mlink?

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2015, 08:26:15 AM »
Do you use a teflon cover on the heat press?

Saw these ideas for stains, not sure if they're worth trying. Hover the press for 10-15 seconds before locking it down. Or break up the press so the steam can escape in between a little better.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »
So just to point out another difference. We've had the Brother 1 week longer than the Mlink. We were trained on a Tuesday-Thursday on the Brother, the following Tuesday - Thursday the Mlink.  We did not turn the Brother on at all the whole week of the Mlink training.  The Brother is reading 88 prints, the M&R does not have a print counter. My team believes we've printed similar amounts of prints on each. Couple think the Brother has more prints, couple thinks the M&R has more. We all agree its likely within around 10 prints of each other. Here are the waste tanks given that full disclosure.

Top one is the Brother, bottom the Mlink. The Mlink's jug is also a lot smaller physically.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:12 AM »
Just looking, that's a few hundred dollars of ink wasted in the top pic compare to the bottom pic, I'll say the Mlink looks to be a ink saver which save's $ in the long run even thought it cost more.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvieira

« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »
Want to know why the Brother wastes a lot of ink? Same reason as Epson! Brother sells ink, Epson sells ink, they are able to probably price down their printers because they'll make it up on ink. I know their cartridges cost 3x what we pay for our Anajet ink.

M&R is not in the ink business. Due to its price point and brand name, it's also a machine for a different kind of user.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »
Want to know why the Brother wastes a lot of ink? Same reason as Epson! Brother sells ink, Epson sells ink, they are able to probably price down their printers because they'll make it up on ink. I know their cartridges cost 3x what we pay for our Anajet ink.

M&R is not in the ink business. Due to its price point and brand name, it's also a machine for a different kind of user.

Exactly why their unit is lower in price. Once you buy it, you are stuck buying THEIR ink.

Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2015, 01:03:12 PM »
Id also like to mention this thread has hit some radars out there. Brother will be doing a return visit the 4th, M&R is also coming shortly as well again.  Brother believes they can save me some money on ink with some other software/rip. I am of course open to that. They did a test print with our file and he got some pooling with the white ink. We didn't see pooling on that same print here so there are some differences in pre-treat /settings/etc that caused each to act the way they have. Either way we are a open door for whom ever that wants to come see, look, feel, touch, use.  Nothing to hide. Just a small shop giving input on use of 2 machines thus far.

Nazdar has also been concerned that I am happy with the Brother, I want to point out that I am in fact just fine with the Brother and really my only gripe is the ink cost.  Both have small differences in print time/print quality from one design to the next. Each seem run well. The Brother does feel like it will be a bit more work to keep running correctly over time but not terrible.

Over all ive tried to be as transparent and honest as a person can be in this situation. Thanks for reading.

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »

First 2 are the DTG shirt, 3rd is my screen print and then the provided art.  I did provide it on a transparent background in RGB.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2015, 02:19:44 PM »

First 2 are the DTG shirt, 3rd is my screen print and then the provided art.  I did provide it on a transparent background in RGB.

Do you know what they printed it on? Curious?
Shane

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »

Did you wash those?