Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 103802 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
Not to be a jerk here Brandt, but I'd love to hear what trouble other's are having with there Brother machine's that use them everyday...are they having your same trouble's, plus with you having the M&R equipment to compare you just about know which one is going to get a thumbs up.  After all is said and done and the Mlink is really that much better machine and less hassle to work with it should give it a big time jump in sells cause the white ink is what makes or breaks this machines now oh and ink cost.  40k is a good hunk change, but from your testing it might be the less cost down the line, I'm still sitting on the fence here.
The one reason I ask Brandt to accept our press was the fact that he would be brutally honest and unbiased. If we had done This at M&R I know there would be a bunch of people jumping on the bandwagon saying this was sales hype by M&R. Take it for what it's worth. I truly believe Brandt is the normal user experience and I had no problem putting out product out there with the risk it was not the best long term bargain. This is typical of what we are seeing in the field. Do what is best for you. It's not what you pay. It's what you get for what you pay. Just a FYI.

Wait a sec... you don't respond to me because:

I also know responding to your post will do nothing but get negative comments so not going any further with this.

Because I have been semi critical of your service based on my ACTUAL experience.

Yet, I don't believe anyone on this forum will believe that Brandt isn't an EXTREMELY pro M&R user.  I'm not saying that he won't be fair, but I am saying that you can't say with all honestly that you think he would be "brutally honest" about a product you allowed him to borrow.

Aside from all of that... let's pretend that isn't even an issue.

Why not send a machine to Brad (mk162) who was a beta tester for Brother and has a TON of experience with them.

I'd think that is the best way to prove your product vs a Brother machine that wouldn't be obviously unbiased to anyone that is watching.

*shrug*

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »
Too predictable.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2015, 07:34:30 PM »
Ah, the guy that got in a "fight" with me because I suggested that his job of INSTALLING M&R CTS machines was in some way related to the SALES of said same machine.

Speaking of predictable.

Why detract from an honest discussion with drama Dan... aren't you a forum owner and one that is supposed to lead by example?

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »
The only way you'd ever get a truly 100% unbiased for sure review is to take someone that has never printed a shirt before, teach them how to use an mlink and a brother for free and then get feedback. (Not saying Brandt is slanted but at the same time you couldn't be sure mk162 wouldn't be biased towards brother, again not saying that is the case.)

Perhaps the case just happens to be that the M&R is better? I would hope it is. It's kind of like comparing a Toyota to a BMW, both very fine vehicles but one should just be better.

From what I've read, the idot didn't work out so great. It doesn't seem very M&R like to not learn from that and make the next generation much better.

And, if I had to guess, Rich probably knows you like to troll so he probably doesn't want to engage.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »
The only way you'd ever get a truly 100% unbiased for sure review is to take someone that has never printed a shirt before, teach them how to use an mlink and a brother for free and then get feedback. (Not saying Brandt is slanted but at the same time you couldn't be sure mk162 wouldn't be biased towards brother, again not saying that is the case.)

Perhaps the case just happens to be that the M&R is better? I would hope it is. It's kind of like comparing a Toyota to a BMW, both very fine vehicles but one should just be better.

From what I've read, the idot didn't work out so great. It doesn't seem very M&R like to not learn from that and make the next generation much better.

And, if I had to guess, Rich probably knows you like to troll so he probably doesn't want to engage.

ABSOLUTELY, I'd agree with you on just about everything you said... including the statement about Rich's opinion of me.  Doesn't mean that my opinion about actual experiences with actual equipment I OWN isn't any more/less valid than anyone else's.  I mean, in fact, that quote came from a point where I was only ECHOING someone else's complaint that I too had experienced but kept rather quiet about as I didn't see the need to "troll" until it was being made out that that person wasn't being honest.

I COMPLETELY agree that Brad would possibly biased towards the Brother... what better way to prove your machine if you truly believe it to be that much better than to put it in someone's hands like that and change their mind.

Bring it back to the Chevy vs Ford debate.  Find me a guy with a Calvin peeing on X brand truck sticker on his Y brand truck and then give that man the other truck to put it through the paces and compare it and if he walks out saying "You know what?  X brand truck is actually better than my Y brand truck."  Would you not be a believer?

Now, that was a hypothetical with something that is 95% based on pure emotion.  We are talking about trying to take as much emotion out and I think when it comes down to machines that make us money, finding the guy that has 5 different brand pieces of equipment in his shop is probably the better "unbiased" equipment than a guy that has been well taken care of by one particular brand like Brandt has.

Again, any bias towards the competition that is squelched in the shootout only further proves their claim to be a better machine.  I know I'd be sitting here with my mouth shut.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2015, 09:24:17 PM »
Car companies do that all the time now. Chevy I think is the one right now that takes Ford and Dodge owners and "changes their mind" about Chevy. Ford has done it before. I think I even remember Dodge doing it. It doesn't make it any more valid to me.

I'd rather see a discussion like this where all the pros and cons are laid out there. Everything Brandt has said about the Brother so far jives with all the research I have done. Not to say it can't get better, and I'm sure lots of people make good money with Brother printers.

There really is not much real world info on the Mlink because I think it just debuted early this year and who knows how many are out in the field. And let's face it, the entry fee is going to keep most of the people over at tshirtforums from buying it. The ones making serious change with it, you'll probably never hear a peep from.

That's what also makes this thread so great. The first real world info on the mlink that someone might find one day when they are researching a DTG.

Now, if YOU were reviewing a Brother and Mlink and gave the nod to the Mlink I don't think I would have ANY doubt you were unbiased in that respect.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2015, 09:50:15 PM »
I lead by honesty and I'd like to think a few other qualities I value.
No matter who I work for or my partnership. Always have found that to work for me although now days, I try to not be as brash as I once was. The other two I feel lead the same way. I may chime in more than they.  You are obvious you know.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »
Car companies do that all the time now. Chevy I think is the one right now that takes Ford and Dodge owners and "changes their mind" about Chevy. Ford has done it before. I think I even remember Dodge doing it. It doesn't make it any more valid to me.

I'd rather see a discussion like this where all the pros and cons are laid out there. Everything Brandt has said about the Brother so far jives with all the research I have done. Not to say it can't get better, and I'm sure lots of people make good money with Brother printers.

There really is not much real world info on the Mlink because I think it just debuted early this year and who knows how many are out in the field. And let's face it, the entry fee is going to keep most of the people over at tshirtforums from buying it. The ones making serious change with it, you'll probably never hear a peep from.

That's what also makes this thread so great. The first real world info on the mlink that someone might find one day when they are researching a DTG.

Now, if YOU were reviewing a Brother and Mlink and gave the nod to the Mlink I don't think I would have ANY doubt you were unbiased in that respect.
the M Link has been out well over two years. Some real big users run these 24 hrs a day and have been for some time. Just a FYI.
Rich Hoffman

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2015, 10:11:07 PM »
the M Link has been out well over two years. Some real big users run these 24 hrs a day and have been for some time. Just a FYI.

Rich, I was under a different impression, mainly from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KS27-gcF-Y

Go to about 6:25 and you'll hear that M&R guy say it has only been for sale since Long Beach and there had only been 8 installed (as of the FESPA show in May.)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2015, 10:53:36 PM »
Probably taking about beta users. The ones you want to beta test is someone who can potentially beat it to death. A big shop like he's referring to may have had it for a few years. I know our digital dept working model was there in our departement since I've been there two full years in Feb. You can bet we had these in a select few locations well before May. It was just not a public announcement at that time.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
I was under the same impression of the Mlink, that it was just making the rounds and Brandt was one of the first to test it, lot I don't know.  This is a good thread but only with two products that are priced out of my budget, but still a butt load of good info to ask and look for in other brands that are in my price range.  Far as Rich goes I don't give him a break because he is in the biz to make money and sell the best equipment he can, and he should know me by now what I might ask and he defends himself quite well and answer's my question's.   LOL this post might have saved me some money as I might have jumped head first into and Anajet, so far I know if we get into DTG we will have o have a machine that cost less to maintain and want eat a hold in our pocket on inks plus can take a week or two sitting.   Buying a DTG is nothing like buying a auto press, not even in the same ball park if you ask me.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »

In my shop I have M&R Exposure (my favorite piece of gear in the shop since I bought it), M&R Radicure dryer, Sabre Auto (some action squeegees and some M&R squeegees), Vastex semi-coater, Epson printers, CCI washout booth, two different Dip Tanks.  Looks like I'm more "Team Blue" than most probably thought.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »

In my shop I have M&R Exposure (my favorite piece of gear in the shop since I bought it), M&R Radicure dryer, Sabre Auto (some action squeegees and some M&R squeegees), Vastex semi-coater, Epson printers, CCI washout booth, two different Dip Tanks.  Looks like I'm more "Team Blue" than most probably thought.

Well, it's official then. If you've got even a single M&R squeegee  in your shop then you are a valued customer of the blue team.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2015, 11:50:18 PM »

Rich, I was under a different impression, mainly from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KS27-gcF-Y we showed the m link two years ago at the Sgai show. Where we printed on a CH3 and a Alpha and then finished the print on th m link thus the name link in the name. We have some large shops that have been running them continuously for over a year in their shops. He may be referring to Europe or that specific model.

Go to about 6:25 and you'll hear that M&R guy say it has only been for sale since Long Beach and there had only been 8 installed (as of the FESPA show in May.)
Rich Hoffman

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2015, 07:08:17 AM »

Yet, I don't believe anyone on this forum will believe that Brandt isn't an EXTREMELY pro M&R user.  I'm not saying that he won't be fair, but I am saying that you can't say with all honestly that you think he would be "brutally honest" about a product you allowed him to borrow.

I have been nothing but brutally honest. Just because I love their screen printing products has nothing to do with DTG's. I have never not told the truth about my experiences with their products or services. Like many things in the world we can find people who have good and bad experiences with about anything. If you believe me to not be honest about this, put your money with your mouth is always running and get yourself in a car or on a plane and come use both of these machines. Then post your findings. Personally I don't think you will as you'd rather just argue on the internet and make little side comments like someone is skewing something of course for your own personal enjoyment of drama. 

I am as raw as they get as a DTG user. Brand new. I know what good quality prints look like. But outside that DTG is a new thing for us. So I frankly think this is a great test for people watching who aren't DTG users and who are considering getting into it and what they can expect from go on each.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube