Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 104351 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2015, 10:34:03 AM »
Yeah if you guys watch that youtube video posted somewhere in this thread where the guy filming asks a million questions about the Mlink, they mention it's rebranded technology with M&R spending time and money on the RIP side to optimize the results.

Oh yeah, the video I posted! LOL - that's probably what put the Lawson into my head. Didn't remember the rebranded part but I guess that makes sense. The RIP is very important.

5:25 in that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KS27-gcF-Y

He says it's not the same machine. Ink, RIP software, and print heads are different? But the rest is the same? It would be interesting to hear the differences on those two.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »
I stumbled upon this:

http://www.lawsonsp.com/screen-printing-equipment/digital-equipment/express-jet-printers/diamond-jet-dtg

And couldn't help but notice the similarities.

Is the M&R and Lawson made by the same people and rebranded?

Anyone know of the price point on this guy?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »
Yeah if you guys watch that youtube video posted somewhere in this thread where the guy filming asks a million questions about the Mlink, they mention it's rebranded technology with M&R spending time and money on the RIP side to optimize the results.

Oh yeah, the video I posted! LOL - that's probably what put the Lawson into my head. Didn't remember the rebranded part but I guess that makes sense. The RIP is very important.

He says it's not the same machine. Ink, RIP software, and print heads are different? But the rest is the same? It would be interesting to hear the differences on those two.

See my posts a few up M&R says:

"We use a different drive, different RIP, Firmware, actually only visually similar." He also mentioned he didn't think Lawson sells it anymore.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »
I stumbled upon this:

http://www.lawsonsp.com/screen-printing-equipment/digital-equipment/express-jet-printers/diamond-jet-dtg

Id contact Lawson to be sure but a few posts up M&R says to me:
"We use a different drive, different RIP, Firmware, actually only visually similar." He also mentioned he didn't think Lawson sells it anymore.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »

See my posts a few up M&R says:

Yeah my bad I was watching the video when you posted lol

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2015, 11:29:56 AM »
I stumbled upon this:

Is anything new now a days, maybe once upon a time it might have been, but I think everyone takes a little bit from each other and add there on tech to try and make a better product.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:33:11 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »
Shelly is sick and thinks she will be going home early today, BUT before leaving I think she is going to run a test weighing each shirt prior to print and give us something to compare as far as that goes.  She will be posting results.

Thanks Brandt, weighing the shirts to confirm the actual amount of ink (in grams) being printed by both machines will help check one more box in this side by side DTG printer evaluation.  Hope that Shelly gets to feeling better soon and that you guys have a happy new year. 
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »
Shelly is sick and thinks she will be going home early today, BUT before leaving I think she is going to run a test weighing each shirt prior to print and give us something to compare as far as that goes.  She will be posting results.

Thanks Brandt, weighing the shirts to confirm the actual amount of ink (in grams) being printed by both machines will help check one more box in this side by side DTG printer evaluation.  Hope that Shelly gets to feeling better soon and that you guys have a happy new year.

Shes completed here test, results posted shortly.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
I stumbled upon this:

I read that, it's still listed on their current website, so someone has some bad info... either M&R or Lawson's website.  I'd HOPE Lawson's website would be more accurate on what they are carrying over their competition, so I was just "assuming" that and wondering IF it was still on the market, how much.  If the reverse is the case then that doesn't help the Lawson brand very much.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
I stumbled upon this:

I read that, it's still listed on their current website, so someone has some bad info... either M&R or Lawson's website.  I'd HOPE Lawson's website would be more accurate on what they are carrying over their competition, so I was just "assuming" that and wondering IF it was still on the market, how much.  If the reverse is the case then that doesn't help the Lawson brand very much.

It isn't really totally relevant to this thread since M&R has pointed out they are not the same machine other than visually. Maybe you can pick up the phone and add some value to this thread. Report in if they do/don't and how much if so.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2015, 12:32:37 PM »

you mean the Lawson who doesn't like to give people the time of day at shows?  Their booth was empty and I had questions about a Trooper and they could care less at the time.  (and I was in a position to be ready to purchase which I made clear when I first talked to them).

-J

Offline shellyky

« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »
i had a little bit of time to run this test on weight.  I'm not sure it can be an end all be all test as maybe there is a heavier solids content in one of the inks, one could be more water weight...etc...weights and volumes aren't apples to apples, but in the end i guess one shirt is heavier.  Take my findings for what they are...ive done my best to science the crap out of it.

CONSTANTS:
14x12.5" print
No black ink used on either
L black gildan g200

M&R:
COST TO PRINT: $.52 (.322 CMYK and 1.8 WHT = 2.122cc)
TIME TO PRINT: 4:02
WEIGHT OF PRE-TREATED/PRESSED SHIRT: 204.0g* (note for science, i ran it thru the conveyor dryer to get rid of excess moisture created by the heatpress)
WEIGHT OF WET INK SHIRT: 209.6 (5.6g of ink laid down)
WEIGHT OF PRESSED SHIRT: 204.3 (overall change of .3 in weight)
PRINT QUALITY: Light green a little blown out in comparison to brother.  Better whites and very vivid.  Face seems clearer than brother. 

BROTHER:
COST TO PRINT: $1.79 (.39 CMYK and 3.51 WHT = 4.26cc)
TIME TO PRINT: 2:58
WEIGHT OF PRE-TREATED/PRESSED SHIRT: 205.2g* (note for science, i ran it thru the conveyor dryer to get rid of excess moisture created by the heatpress)
WEIGHT OF WET INK SHIRT: 213.1 (7.9g of ink laid down)
WEIGHT OF PRESSED SHIRT: 207.5 (overall change of 2.3 in weight)
PRINT QUALITY: Whites not as bright as M&R, however lots more detail in the dark green areas. 

FACTS:
Softwares say the Brother used almost exactly 2x the cc as the M&R. 
The overall weight change was not 2x (brother should have .6 weight increase if so, not 2.3)
The wet ink weight was not 2x (brother should have weighed in at 11.2g instead of 7.9)

CONCLUSION:
Inconclusive in my opinion and i think we're about done with testing theories at this point and ready to sell garments. The brother shirt weighed more at the end, and it does say it uses more ink.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:43:33 PM by shellyky »

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2015, 01:38:47 PM »
That's a damn good print on a G200. Both sellable for sure. Thanks for the info Shelly, hope you feel better.

How many grams (or ML) of pretreat are you laying down and what is the area you are spraying (like 14x18)?

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2015, 01:43:56 PM »
The Science Cat pic almost looks real

Offline shellyky

« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
That's a damn good print on a G200. Both sellable for sure. Thanks for the info Shelly, hope you feel better.

How many grams (or ML) of pretreat are you laying down and what is the area you are spraying (like 14x18)?

thank u me too...hoping the long weekend cures me. 

they set us up to hit about 30g as far as i recall.  spray area for this test was set to i think 15x15 roughly.  wash results so far are great with both machines.  tried a triblend next level  tank top and it even looks good so far.