Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 103882 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2016, 11:06:54 AM »
so what happened yesterday with the brother folks in house to make you decide to list it today?

was it only related to the upkeep/ink costs?  Or was there more shortcomings on the Brother unit?

-- also, what did they say about the white ink issues on monday mornings that you've been having?  Is that just related to humidity?  (wondering if these units need to be kept in a truly temperature controlled environment, kinda like our screen rooms, but with an automatic humidifier to keep the room humidity at a certain level)

I listed visit details a couple posts up.

My choice is very basic. The M&R is ready to print in a couple of minutes each day vs the Brother just the weekly upkeep alone is a fair bit of time. The Ink costs are less and it is using less ink. I've detailed this over and over even covered the weighing the ink on shirt and so on. It was very clear for us on that front. There is nothing wrong with the Brother machine or any new short comings, it works great and many people are using them with big success and I believe we could as well no doubt about it.

Brother felt the banding we where getting was from humidity. But again we've not seen a banding issue prior to today other than the first couple of prints off each machine on install day for each. Not sure if it was from the shift from all the rain we've had lately to the super cold we had last few days. No idea on that but both machines did band yesterday. We were also out 4 days for the holiday and for all I know that played a part. The 2 White ink issues was somewhat our fault we were not capping the maintenance cart correctly on the Monday Morning deals and that did cause it to not take the ink all the way into the head. But of course it cleared up each time with a few prints. We will add a humidifier if we see this issue repeat.

I have been transparent and I still believe the Brother machine to be very good. I just believe the M&R is easier and cheaper to use.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »
As we move forward now with the Mlink on its own. Id like to offer you all the ability to send in a garment(s) to be printed. Send your file/shirt to the address below.  Give me another few days before you start sending them but in a week say fire them over. No charge for your sample print at all.

Graphic Disorder
2210 Eddie Williams Rd.
Johnson City, TN 37601

UPS or USPS Label would be nice to cover your shipping back.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2016, 04:19:57 PM »
As we move forward now with the Mlink on its own. Id like to offer you all the ability to send in a garment(s) to be printed. Send your file/shirt to the address below.  Give me another few days before you start sending them but in a week say fire them over. No charge for your sample print at all.

Graphic Disorder
2210 Eddie Williams Rd.
Johnson City, TN 37601

UPS or USPS Label would be nice to cover your shipping back.

Very generous offer and I will take you up on it

Thanks
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2016, 09:16:32 AM »
We have been selling garments off the machine for a few days and its been going super well.  Started production today. Here is one.

Full 14 inches wide somewhere around 16 inches tall I believe, $.80 print cost.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »
Looks great! 
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2016, 11:41:44 AM »
Finally doing production and it's going well!

Offline DGP ConsultCo

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »
Brandt,

Those look awesome. What resolution are you printing at....1200x900 or 1200x600. Also, how long did each print take?

Thanks

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2016, 06:25:14 AM »
Brandt,

Those look awesome. What resolution are you printing at....1200x900 or 1200x600. Also, how long did each print take?

Thanks

1200x600.  Most large back prints we are seeing 2-4 minutes. We have seen a few shorter and a few longer than that, but the bulk falls in that 2-4 mins range for the size of print we are doing. That's a full back 14 inch wide normally 15-16-17 tall print.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2016, 06:26:20 AM »
Yesterday we did a fair amount of prints on the machine I think 50 prints roughly. High print cost was $1.01, low was $.08.  Typical shirt (front and back print) ink cost was $.90-$1.10 range.  Still gotta work on what our pre-treat is costing but I suspect in the $.50 per print range.

Offline DGP ConsultCo

« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »
From all the DTG print testing I have done in the past 12yrs....pretreat cost per shirt averages out to $.50 per shirt full print. The total amount of PT fluid needed to obtain great whites is in the range of 18-22 grams depending on the fabric.
Your print times are great especially in consideration of cost per print.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #355 on: January 15, 2016, 12:31:25 PM »
From all the DTG print testing I have done in the past 12yrs....pretreat cost per shirt averages out to $.50 per shirt full print. The total amount of PT fluid needed to obtain great whites is in the range of 18-22 grams depending on the fabric.

M&R suggested it was $.25 - $.50 per print on the pre-treat and I suspect thats close. I just haven't done any testing to see how accurate that was.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »

M&R suggested it was $.25 - $.50 per print on the pre-treat and I suspect thats close. I just haven't done any testing to see how accurate that was.
we are the manufacturer of the pre-treatment and as such can keep the price low in comparison to some. Most tints we test are between .25 and .50. Mostly they run around .30.
Rich Hoffman

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #357 on: January 15, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »
Thanks Rich.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2016, 06:25:42 AM »
This thing is still kicking.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
I sure hope it's still kicking.
Some nice prints! Always liked that style of art you are doing there.