Author Topic: Mlink in the building.  (Read 104285 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Mlink in the building.
« Reply #420 on: August 11, 2016, 07:51:12 AM »
I hate to say it brandt, but inconsistency is the nature of these.  We were printing sport gray shirts years ago for a customer and the ones from the Dominican printed with a brighter blue than the ones from Haiti.  Strangest thing.  We get some shirts in a batch that will just not print as bright as the others, or some that will print s bright you'd think it was a cad-cut transfer.

It's better than the early days from what I gather, the chemistry has improved a lot.  We see it rarely, but it does happen.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2016, 08:09:26 AM »
I hate to say it brandt, but inconsistency is the nature of these.  We were printing sport gray shirts years ago for a customer and the ones from the Dominican printed with a brighter blue than the ones from Haiti.  Strangest thing.  We get some shirts in a batch that will just not print as bright as the others, or some that will print s bright you'd think it was a cad-cut transfer.

It's better than the early days from what I gather, the chemistry has improved a lot.  We see it rarely, but it does happen.

We obvious differences from one garment to the next. That's to be expected. I have not noticed any difference within a garment though. Meaning same design/color of shirt seems to print the same every time. Where we are seeing differences is in design style. So one design it seems the rip does something different and the print wont be as vivid or opaque as you might have thought and its the same each time you print it. Other times something you think that might not print as amazing comes out like you said looking cad cut or super opaque. Its rare this is even remotely a issue just a observation. I need to see if I can get a specific example of it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »
I'm using a completely different rip and printer than both of you but I noticed my rip will print some colors differently if I select a white garment profile vs black garment profile.

For example, if I'm printing a hot pink on a black shirt I have to set it like I'm printing on a white shirt to get the right pink. If I set it for a black shirt it comes out purple.

I've seen this with some other colors too, like a gold.

And like mk162, I've had certain batches of shirts within even a size of the same color print like sh!t. (Like I mentioned to you with the XL charcoal, Brandt.)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2016, 01:35:39 PM »
Charcoal gives us the most trouble with pretreat.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »
We have no problems with charcoal ask Homer.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #425 on: August 11, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
Only XL Charcoal right now is a problem and I can up the pretreat and usually get it pretty good. Used to be large that did it. All the other sizes are fine though. Don't even hardly get any pre-treat box with them. Only red and royal a little bit but some time over a humidifier seems to take care of that. Using FOTL HD shirts.

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #426 on: August 11, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »
Charcoal gives us the most trouble with pretreat.

Guy across the street from us has a Brother and I had him do a few Charcoals and the pre-treat destroyed the shirts.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #427 on: August 11, 2016, 08:05:22 PM »
Guy across the street from us has a Brother and I had him do a few Charcoals and the pre-treat destroyed the shirts.

What brand?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #428 on: August 12, 2016, 07:42:15 AM »
We saw same issues on Charcoal on both the Brother and the Mlink. Its not every time either just sometimes with the pretreat.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »
I tried some Image Armour dark PT on Charcoal before and while the design looked fine on the outside and you didn't see much of a box, if you flipped the shirt inside out it was like the shirt was bleached only where the design was printed. Very crazy. I use the regular dupont pre-treat now.

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #430 on: August 12, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »

What brand?

Gildan 2000

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »
Sounds like they still got a little work yet to do on the DTG or the pretreating....sounds like to me they need to come up with a ready to use pretreat sheet that you can lay on the shirt maybe do a warm heat press and your ready to print, that would give you great control and consistency on just about any garment.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2016, 08:25:54 PM »
Sounds like they still got a little work yet to do on the DTG or the pretreating....sounds like to me they need to come up with a ready to use pretreat sheet that you can lay on the shirt maybe do a warm heat press and your ready to print, that would give you great control and consistency on just about any garment.

That is a novel idea, D! Would like to see that developed.
Dale Hoyal

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2016, 09:03:39 PM »
I am pretty sure brother does. When they demo'd me one they used sheets they said was available from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »
Or better yet develop an ink that doesn't need pretreat.  I know everyone is working on it.

The chemistry of spray on pretreats is improving all the time as well.