Author Topic: Wilcom Team View - Cannot be this basic!  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Get Shirts

Wilcom Team View - Cannot be this basic!
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Here is the situation - I have 225 backpacks to embroider.  Each will have the same logo as well as a personalized named drop.

We're using Wilcom Embroidery Studio E3 Designing (with CorelDraw).  Wilcom offers a "Team Viewer" option that allows you to sew the logo, stop, and then sew individual names. 

My objective:   I have a 6 head machine, so I want to set this file up in Wilcom so that it will sew the design and individual names on the 6 bags and then repeat the process.  So one setup for all 225 names, in one nice big rotation.

I called Wilcom's help desk and the rep stated that what I am trying to do is not offered by Wilcom.  Am I insane in thinking that if Wilcom created Team Viewer that the next in line would be the exact option that I am describing? 

We already processed this order, loading a new file every 6 bags.  2.5 days of run time,  TWO AND A HALF DAYS!

Does anyone know the trick? 

Offline larryk

• !!!
Re: Wilcom Team View - Cannot be this basic!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »
Is your machine set up for each head to receive separate files or does the same file control all 6 heads?

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:24:17 PM »
Have the same program as you...but just got it 1/2 year ago so I'm not fluent in it.

How we do it is make each name a different color stack them and center them with your logo...let the machine run all 6 at a time at the beginning then switch off 2-6 when the machine stops for a color change....keep repeating this process  till your left with 1-5 off and 6 on....hope that makes sense.  Just make sure you have 5 off and 1 on after each name.

Jon

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »
I forgot to make sure your machine settings are set up to stop.  Barudans like the #0 for a color and that tells it to stop...not sure about yours.
Sometimes we need to add a stitch between each name as well if I remember correctly so our color entry would be 1,0,1,0,1,0 and so on...for a 1 color logo and all names being the same color.

Jon

Offline presspressmerch

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 12:54:55 AM »
Hey John, I think I follow but could I give you a ring tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 06:52:30 AM »
We are in the same boat right now. 122 tactical pullovers. Left chest logo is 27k stitches (i'll finish those today) but each one gets a different namedrop on the right chest. 122 name drops *sigh*

I don't have wilcom so I can't help there (we have Stitch Era Liberty). My plan is to do what repogolfer suggests. Each name drop a different color. Set the machine for manual color change instead of auto. I am thinking 10-ish ND's per file. I think my brain would explode with 122 in one file.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
It would be good to hear from someone who does name stacking regularly.
With so many different sizes involved, it is fraught with possible error.

Each jacket has to be hooped, each name has to be done individually.
Therefore having all names loaded in separate files, it is only a button or two to load new name and keep going,
making sure -that name with this size. Pulling stitches is one of life's most awful drags.

Offline Dean Roscoe

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »
Hi

I'm new to the board but can help  :) The feature you are referring too is "Team Names" and it will save you a ton of time with name drops.

You can output the name drop files in different ways to suit the machine configuration of your business, such as multi-head, single-head or if you're lucky enough, you might have a mixture of both. In your case you have a six head machine so your file will consist of a logo (stitched out on all heads at once) followed by six names stacked on top of each other.

• First add your design to the workspace
  • Now start up Team Names and add the first 6 names to the design. *hint* request your names via excel csv then any spelling mistakes won't be your problem  ;)
  • Position them as required then sort them alphabetically and choose File > Save As > DST where you will see a box at the bottom of the window called "options"
  • Choose the first configuration called "Designs with team names and stops" See: http://screencast.com/t/wLUMcg36
  • That's it! Now you have one single file that will stitch the logo first followed by six names that are stacked on top of each other to sew alphabetically, one at a time.

Wilcom is a pretty deep program which is why I'm producing a video course to explain how it all works. It will start in the new year so please check out my website and signup to the newsletter for details. http://www.wilcomsoftware.co.uk
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:35:57 PM by Dean Roscoe »
DecoTech Solutions - Wilcom Sales and Training Wilcom Software Authorized Sales and Training

Offline presspressmerch

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »
Dean,

Thanks for the response.  I covered that option in my original post.   It's nice, but really only for a few names. I have over 200 names to embroider on my 6 head machine.  After paying something like $4k for software I expect an option to be available to sew the entire order from one file, 6 items at a time.

Do you know how to do it?

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
Hey John, I think I follow but could I give you a ring tomorrow?

Sorry I just got on the forum at 6pm...you can call me anytime this weekend and I can walk you through how we do it.  530-848-0889.
Bags are easy since sizes are not an issue.....we do the same thing for applique with name drops...gotta be a lot more careful though with different sizes.

Jon