Author Topic: Registration Pallet  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Action1

Registration Pallet
« on: December 31, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
As always - we're investigating areas of possible focus for our development efforts. If we were to attend to the area of registration systems - what would be some prime concerns and objectives as seen from your experiences.

I've heard that this is an area that we now have more flexibility in than previously.

TSB Friends - Question - Am I correct that when a DTS machine is employed - the image on the screen is exactly where it is intended? If so - something similar to a Tri-Loc would very easy and effective.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Registration Pallet
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:13:28 PM »
Question - Am I correct that when a DTS machine is employed - the image on the screen is exactly where it is intended? If so - something similar to a Tri-Loc would very easy and effective.

in the case of the I-Image units (all of them) yes.. the image is always 'exactly' where you intend it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 12:59:24 PM »
we need a DTS solution for the MHM presses! All of the ones in use currently are just close rather than spot on. I would imagine almost all of the MHM users with DTS would buy one.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Action1

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »
we need a DTS solution for the MHM presses! All of the ones in use currently are just close rather than spot on. I would imagine almost all of the MHM users with DTS would buy one.

pierre

Thank you for the feedback Pierre. If you can give me a zero point from the edge of the screen left and towards the operator edge - I can take it from there.
Also - I need the frame size please.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »

pierre
Just a FYI Pierre. Our unit works perfectly fine for the MHM presses. We have quite a few MHM and other manufacturers using the I image for their prepress option
Rich Hoffman

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »

pierre
Just a FYI Pierre. Our unit works perfectly fine for the MHM presses. We have quite a few MHM and other manufacturers using the I image for their prepress option

hey Rich,

the unit we have (I-Image) requires modification to get it to be close (drilling holes for the bushings and pins). This is a pretty simple process and as I understand gets you within 10-15/1000ths of an inch. Getting the screens to be within 1/1000th requires a little more modifications and I think Erik could make something that would be an easy retrofit to the ST units (and also work for the i units since they are pretty similar).

I have long been a proponent of the MHM preregistration rather than the trilocks, but now with your DTS units, your system is beating the snot of the MHM. Few ppl that I talked to say that in best case scenario they still have to micro at least 50% of the screens (on MHM). From what I understand, there are ppl out there doing close to 0% by utilizing the trilocks! For a contract shop like us, that is HUGE!

pierre
p.s. I realize now that this might not have come across as planned. What I was saying is that Erik could develop something to make the MHM systems work better with your ST units.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »

pierre
I understand. We actually already do adapt the I image for MHM. Customers send us their frame and we prepare the machine to handle the extra length needed for the attachments and attach the male inserts to the frame holders. Just a FYI

hey Rich,

the unit we have (I-Image) requires modification to get it to be close (drilling holes for the bushings and pins). This is a pretty simple process and as I understand gets you within 10-15/1000ths of an inch. Getting the screens to be within 1/1000th requires a little more modifications and I think Erik could make something that would be an easy retrofit to the ST units (and also work for the i units since they are pretty similar).

I have long been a proponent of the MHM preregistration rather than the trilocks, but now with your DTS units, your system is beating the snot of the MHM. Few ppl that I talked to say that in best case scenario they still have to micro at least 50% of the screens (on MHM). From what I understand, there are ppl out there doing close to 0% by utilizing the trilocks! For a contract shop like us, that is HUGE!

pierre
p.s. I realize now that this might not have come across as planned. What I was saying is that Erik could develop something to make the MHM systems work better with your ST units.
Rich Hoffman