Author Topic: 4 color process print  (Read 1746 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
4 color process print
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
Dan did the seps, I did the redraw of the art..nothing like redrawing kid art in Illy... every thing look pretty good except I missed the blue somehow, but not bad.  with more time and working with Dans seps I think I'll get better at it, I still think I,m having problems on printing out seps from my end using photoscript 7 and an epson 3000.

white base 158
yellow 230
magenta 230
cyan 230
process black 230
all angles 22.5

Hey Dan I did print this on a lime green shirts this was just a sample test shirt
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: 4 color process print
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »
Nice!
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
those reds are great! I am still struggling trying to get them so nice!
looking good!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »
It's great to be able to take advantage of 4 color process to get a bunch of different color tones. If the customer is not picky on matching exact areas, then it's the most efficient way to print.  When it's for kids, you can push them around a bit more.

When they say " Hey Mr. That tree isn't the same green as my tree. Look, it's supposed to be Crayola green". You can say, Look kid! You don't know what you're talking about. This is technical stuff here kid. You can't just go around telling adults what color you want. Do you know what goes into making a tee shirt?  NO, so SHUT UP!

Ha!  Just mess'n. I like those little curtain crawl'n snot nosed rug rats.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline LuxInks

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »
That's a great looking print man. I think it turned out well, and I too like those little rug rats...got one myself, but he's already 10!
Congrats 3Deep.
Paul
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline LuxInks

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:07 PM »
Here's a process print that we did a couple of weeks ago. The original was a watercolor.
We're pretty happy with how it came out.
Paul
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 08:12:43 AM »
Nice job Daryl, and Dan's seps help ease the pain of doing them yourself. Plus he cleaned it up, which I'm sure the customer will love. And Lux, your print also looks great. Watercolors can be a little dirty, making them harder to sep, nice job.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:29:52 AM »
Hey Daryl what blue did you miss I can't spot it? Looks awesome as well!
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:01 AM »
I don't like the color shifting in 4CP, We don't print much of it anymore, but that print looks great.  We do a print for a school every year where the kids draw the art as well...in crayon.  Every year it comes out exactly like the drawing, it literally looks like it's been colored on the shirt.  It's on white tees though and I limit them to 3 colors.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
Nice print Lux...Yeah I try to tell tehm to hold down the colors, but they let them run wild with them...got a customer now that thinks shes getting a 10 color job on 24 shirts not here she ain't I,m going to reduce to a nice 4 color print if she don't like it good by, plus she is cheap!!!!  Thanks Guys on the comments we try and get better everyday not just for us but for our customers they pay good money, so we try to give them everything we got.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!