Author Topic: 100% Polyester  (Read 2067 times)

Offline prokegler

• Verified/Junior
100% Polyester
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »
Hello professionals!!!
I am getting ready to embark on a journey to the center of printing on 100% polyester heather Sportek jerseys. I once many years ago to never do it again printed on some Navy jerseys and got major dye migration. Now after many years of swearing off printing on this fabric I must learn the best practices and process of doing so.
Can anyone here direct me to a previous thread or maybe give me an idea of best methods and inks to use. I currently run all plastisol jobs though my dryer and cure to a temp of 325 degrees at approximately 45 sec in chamber. Is this sufficient with 100% poly and can I use plastisol or am I going to need to get poly ink. Also, 110 mesh screen is least dense screens I own.

Thank you in advance to any and all replies!!!

Someone's gotta do it!!!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: 100% Polyester
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 07:13:32 AM »
If you want to use standard plastisol curing temps get yourself a gallon of One stroke Bravo Flex white... amazing stuff at blocking dye migration and sublimation.

You do need your cure temps dialed tho.  Make sure you are using a ir gun or preferably a donut probe.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:55:20 AM »
You could also use 357 from One Stroke.  That ink is fast becoming our go-to for anything outside of cotton & blends.  It won't cover a sublimated print very well though.  It is great on standard poly.  It's also very easy to print.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
You mentioned that you are printing Sport Tek jerseys. Their Posicharge versions are, as advertised, extremely resistant to dye migration.
At least in my experience, they do not require a special Poly ink. I used regular, cheap, Wilflex Low Bleed Streetfighter, and even added a little stretch additive and had no issues!
They even have a promotional video in which a printer uses plain old regular cotton white with no bleeding.

I'd still keep my eye on the temps, but I am a believer.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
I second what Frog said: the posicharge 100% poly stuff barely bleeds at all unless you cure it at like 350+ for some reason.

Offline prokegler

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 02:23:25 AM »
Thank you to all for your expertise. The jersey I will be printing on is style #ST361LS in Heather/Maroon.
I'm only going to be printing 32 jerseys at this time. I just don't want to start off by making so many mistakes that it's not worth my time, energy and $$$.
I really appreciate all your help.
8 years at this and I have passed up a few jobs due to not wanting to deal with the headaches. It has come to my attention via the rumor mill that a local shop in town may be selling out and I may need to learn this technique just in case some of that business starts to trickle my way.

Thanks again!!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »
They print nicely no bleeding.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk