Author Topic: How do you load your shirts?  (Read 4473 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How do you load your shirts?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
This is Alan flipping in his Austin Texas shop.
https://youtu.be/jIfqQObjbz4

Who cares about the way he's loading. I want to here more about the invisible printing method on head #1

+1 -- me too.

Offline starchild

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »
This is Alan flipping in his Austin Texas shop.
https://youtu.be/jIfqQObjbz4

Who cares about the way he's loading. I want to here more about the invisible printing method on head #1

+1 -- me too.
Could be head #1 is calibrated for white ink only.. So if the next job calls for white it does not have to be adjusted.. But I think you guys already know this and just having some fun.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 01:30:36 PM »
1964, Alan has lots of tricks.
He was just demonstration the flip method, not printing.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 03:35:41 PM »
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »
1964, Alan has lots of tricks.
He was just demonstration the flip method, not printing.

this actually could make sense.. if he was just loading shirts onto the press to demonstrate and there were no other heads printing, this would keep the table 'up' for as long as he normally would have it up doing a standard print run.  It's amazing how much the cadence of the table being up/down/moving does to you mentally while loading/unloading.

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »
I have loaded both ways, straight on and flip and either way works for me. In my opinion you have to be a load straight shop or a flip shop you can't be both. All of my guys use the straight on method, it would be a job to re-train to flip. I have also had the problem of one guy that worked for me would stack the shirts to be flipped and I would worry about another loader coming behind them and printing the wrong side of the shirt. Just my two cents.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 09:57:26 PM »
I used to load straight on, started flipping years ago. Now I can't even remember how to load straight on. Just feels really awkward.

Sonny, my back is hurting just from thinking about doing that.
You don't lay them out flat on the table.  You drape them over the end.

OK, that's not as bad.

Online dsh

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 06:23:33 AM »
When I first got the auto, I was soooo slow loading shirts.  Someone posted the flip method, and it complete changed things for me.  I was going to post a thank-you to whomever made that post, but never did.  Especially when space is limited, the 90 degree angle to the platten is quite helpful.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 07:25:51 AM »
When I first got the auto, I was soooo slow loading shirts.  Someone posted the flip method, and it complete changed things for me.  I was going to post a thank-you to whomever made that post, but never did.  Especially when space is limited, the 90 degree angle to the platten is quite helpful.

Exactly. 

It's because after you get an auto, you'll find your bottleneck wasn't really loading shirts. It was going Round and Round and Round and Round...... On purchasing the auto, my bottleneck was instantly shown to be loading.

I've been flipping ever since  a few weeks after getting my auto, and I keep the loading cart off to my right, the press rotates Left to Right. It also gives my a brief look at the other side, and I catch a hole or other flaw sometimes before wasting a print.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
Ok I've been told I load shirt incorrect, because I load from the left side of me, and my press goes from left to right, now with that said I've did the flip and for me it didn't seem any faster, but checking both sides prove to be very helpful in catching hole's etc.  Now could it be my loading from the left side had anything to do with it not feeling any faster, I didn't time myself so I could be very wrong, I'll have to time myself today if I think about and see.

Ps I forgot to mention I'm ambidextrous and I'm just more comfortable doing some things from the left, if that makes any sense
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:29:35 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 11:40:56 AM »
I don't think that the act of stacking upside down and flip-loading is is and of itself faster. I think that the speed is merely a product of doing it the way one is most comfortable, but have always considered the advantage as the ability to see and (briefly) inspect both sides while only printing on one.

For those who try it and find it awkward and/or slower, like pushing rather than pulling on a manual press, the change may be odd for a week, and then as natural as if one had always done it.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »
Omar Viera set the world record of 2139 prints in an hour using the flip method. Shirts to his right press running counter clockwise. Running clockwise shirts will be on my left. As to whether or not which way we run our presses, CW or CCW is dependent upon the location of the dryer. It all has to do with which is the best set up for a person running the press solo.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »
Omar Viera set the world record of 2139 prints in an hour using the flip method. Shirts to his right press running counter clockwise. Running clockwise shirts will be on my left. As to whether or not which way we run our presses, CW or CCW is dependent upon the location of the dryer. It all has to do with which is the best set up for a person running the press solo.

And I can assure you that he was not looking for defects on either side! LOL! (can you imagine 15 cases without one?)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 12:34:01 PM »
I wish I could afford a person to hold the hems open for me as well.  I have always said that these "fastest" contests be real world.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »
Ok I've been told I load shirt incorrect, because I load from the left side of me, and my press goes from left to right, now with that said I've did the flip and for me it didn't seem any faster, but checking both sides prove to be very helpful in catching hole's etc.  Now could it be my loading from the left said had anything to do with it not feeling any faster, I didn't time myself so I could be very wrong, I'll have to time myself today if I think about and see.

Ps I forgot to mention I'm ambidextrous and I'm just more comfortable doing some things from the left, if that makes any sense

I used to put shirts on the Left side of loading with CCW rotation, but noticed if shirts are on the Right side, there is much less swiveling.

On Right Side: Shirt, press, dryer... shirt press dryer
Left side of Load: Instead of Shirt, press, dryer--swivel PAST press to shirt, a whole 2 feet of excess rotation EVERY shirt.

Ambidextrous (yes cut and pasted your goodspelling)here too and found not having to go past load station again was less dizzying.  :o
Try it, we ambidextrous can do anything. But with dyslexia here, it cancels out.  :)