Author Topic: Haze removers  (Read 4221 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Haze removers
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
Hey guys I know this is a product we really should not use, but sometimes I need it because I let my screens sit with ink on them to long from being lazy or I just don't clean them as well as I should.  Anyway I've used different haze remover brands and right now I'm using Green Products d-haze which to me is not really doing much haze removing, I think it's made 100 percent Soybeams, now ICC has a product called liquid haze 8332 which works dam good, but the problem is it cost $300 for a 5 gall pail which I don't need that much, so who makes a real good haze remover that sells it in qt's or 1 gal at a reasonable price.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ffokazak

Re: Haze removers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »
I've really liked Easi-Ways 415.

Also Rhino Clean SW-210 is a product I really like. It is not a haze remover, but an ink Degrader and it does 80-90% of what the 415 does. But it is non toxic and has no smell, and is water soluble, so it is easy on the workers. Plus it is my go to press cleaner, makes the CHIIID Shine!

The 415 stings your skin if it gets on it, and is a bit nastier.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
CCI has a few. My favorite (and available in Quarts) is Liquid Renuit.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:56:45 PM »
Xen Fresh is what the Dr ordered.  $35 per gallon.  I use it every day.  Combined with FSIC (also $35) works 100% of the time.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:01:26 PM »
Frog is right liquid renuit is great.

We've been using alot of the saati IR26. Cut with 50% water, and it works really great as an ink clean up (plastisol, HSA, DC) too!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »
I've really liked Easi-Ways 415.

Also Rhino Clean SW-210 is a product I really like. It is not a haze remover, but an ink Degrader and it does 80-90% of what the 415 does. But it is non toxic and has no smell, and is water soluble, so it is easy on the workers. Plus it is my go to press cleaner, makes the CHIIID Shine!

The 415 stings your skin if it gets on it, and is a bit nastier.

what are you storing the 415 in?  I've had it eat through a couple of bottles and I need to find something that will hold it. 

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 02:32:18 PM »
Bro...get some Easiway 701 and use it as dehazer and degreaser when you clean and BOOM!!!!!!  Never worry about haze again!  And it wont hurt you.  Trust me!!!!!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 02:35:24 PM »
we use the 701.  but sometimes I get a little ghosting that needs something stronger.  the 415 has worked wonders but dang does it do a number on any kind of spray bottle I try and put it in.

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 05:57:51 PM »
we use the 701.  but sometimes I get a little ghosting that needs something stronger.  the 415 has worked wonders but dang does it do a number on any kind of spray bottle I try and put it in.
I would recommend leaving it in one of our quart bottles and getting a "push/pull" sports cap style lid (email me if you would like our PN for it). You will loose less chemical this way, spraying atomizes it too much and lets it float away.
Just pull the cap and either put some on a brush or drizzle on the screen.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
I would recommend leaving it in one of our quart bottles and getting a "push/pull" sports cap style lid (email me if you would like our PN for it). You will loose less chemical this way, spraying atomizes it too much and lets it float away.
Just pull the cap and either put some on a brush or drizzle on the screen.

I always favored this method because I don't wear a respirator for this operation, and wouldn't want it any easier to breathe in.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 01:24:07 AM »
Bro...get some Easiway 701 and use it as dehazer and degreaser when you clean and BOOM!!!!!!  Never worry about haze again!  And it wont hurt you.  Trust me!!!!!

I would take serious exception to that claim, which is patently false.

Easiway 701 is darn near 15% JP Jet Fuel, a type of kerosene SDS Sheet . It will also explain in the SDS sheet why your bottles keep melting.

A very strong petroleum distillate that is most certainly not healthy for you or the environment. Read your product SDS sheets in your shops, look up the CAS numbers online...you might be VERY shocked at the stuff your told is safe in this industry or that your using in your own shop. I have even found press washes that are 40% naptha!! and still claim to be environmentally healthy.

Its astonishing the range of product that make claims of safe or green just because they are 1% under the legal limits of what would otherwise be called hazardous. From time to time everyone requires an effective product that will have strong ingredients, but educate yourself please a "green" label does not make it safe, or environmentally responsible.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:30:03 AM by Prōdigium »
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
we use franmar - bean e doo, strip e doo, d haze... our screens are wicked clean....3 bottle sprays of each..

Not sure how it stacks up in price to everything else, But i feel like if it works great for us, im not going to eff around with it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »

Easiway 701 is darn near 15% JP Jet Fuel, a type of kerosene SDS Sheet . It will also explain in the SDS sheet why your bottles keep melting.

A very strong petroleum distillate that is most certainly not healthy for you or the environment. Read your product SDS sheets in your shops, look up the CAS numbers online...you might be VERY shocked at the stuff your told is safe in this industry or that your using in your own shop. I have even found press washes that are 40% naptha!! and still claim to be environmentally healthy.

Its astonishing the range of product that make claims of safe or green just because they are 1% under the legal limits of what would otherwise be called hazardous. From time to time everyone requires an effective product that will have strong ingredients, but educate yourself please a "green" label does not make it safe, or environmentally responsible.

very interesting read. The EW701 is one of the best screen cleaning compounds I've ever seen but reading the SDS makes me pause.  While it is used in small quantities (7-13%) and it is combined with other ingredients which can impact the impact it has, there is plenty in the description that would make me stop using it. The part that really gets me thinking is the description where it states "This product is not to be used as a solvent or cleaning agent"

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »
I don't think there is 100% safe chems, what might not be bad for one person might be bad for another, we tried many different chems some had my nose hurting some messed with my eyes, my wife can't stand the smell of the citrus smelling ink cleaner's which smells fine to me
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:02:01 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Northland

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 03:11:39 PM »

very interesting read. The EW701 is one of the best screen cleaning compounds I've ever seen but reading the SDS makes me pause.  While it is used in small quantities (7-13%) and it is combined with other ingredients which can impact the impact it has, there is plenty in the description that would make me stop using it. The part that really gets me thinking is the description where it states "This product is not to be used as a solvent or cleaning agent"

pierre

Sidenote..... I've been noticing that my s-mesh screens don't often show signs of hazing. It could be due some other process change I made... not sure.

I've used 701 quite a bit in the past.... not sure if I need it now ??