Author Topic: Cheap poly white  (Read 4320 times)

Offline IntegriTees

Re: Cheap poly white
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 12:26:51 AM »
Any distributors of the top score.357 in Texas?
Is it truly better than the Wilfrex epic performance?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 08:18:38 AM »
I find Wilflex Top Score to be too much off-white/slightly yellow for my liking.... Epic Performance is more optically bright.

have never tried the One Stroke 357, but we REALLY like One Stroke Bravo Flex.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 06:49:04 PM »
The 357 is now our go to poly ink.

I personally think its a bit "runny" / lower in viscosity than I want in an ink.  But it prints beautifully.

Just did some Sport Tek 350/360 (cant remember the right number) Charcoal  through a 180S single stroke on the white base and it was beautiful.

I found Top Score would still bleed on trouble garments, and with the effort needed to stop bleeding.... I could use that same effort with regular cure temp inks and make it easier on myself and production...
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 08:03:08 PM »
741 Poly White by International Coatings. About $88 gallon. Nice matte finish, no tack out of the dryer. Nice if you don't have a catcher. Zero bleed on Augusta maroon and forest green.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 08:48:21 PM »
The 357 is now our go to poly ink.

I personally think its a bit "runny" / lower in viscosity than I want in an ink.  But it prints beautifully.

Just did some Sport Tek 350/360 (cant remember the right number) Charcoal  through a 180S single stroke on the white base and it was beautiful.

I found Top Score would still bleed on trouble garments, and with the effort needed to stop bleeding.... I could use that same effort with regular cure temp inks and make it easier on myself and production...

In those particular "PosiCharge" garments, you don't even need to use your fancy poly inks. I use regular low bleed, but for a demonstration promotion, they have even shown regular cotton white used on reds with no sublimation bleed! That stuff is great!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 08:50:37 AM »
You are correct Frog!

It was meant as a testimony for how clean it printed through higher mesh on poly :)

Very soft and flexible for a poly white as well. 
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »

[/quote]

In those particular "PosiCharge" garments, you don't even need to use your fancy poly inks. I use regular low bleed, but for a demonstration promotion, they have even shown regular cotton white used on reds with no sublimation bleed! That stuff is great!
[/quote]

Interesting. I had a SanMar rep at my shop and he was telling me about the posicharge garments. I asked if you could just use your regular white ink on it, and he said you should still use a poly white. Granted he is just a sales rep for a garment distributor, but...what is actually recommended/suggested?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 10:29:33 AM »

Interesting. I had a SanMar rep at my shop and he was telling me about the posicharge garments. I asked if you could just use your regular white ink on it, and he said you should still use a poly white. Granted he is just a sales rep for a garment distributor, but...what is actually recommended/suggested?

Here's a thread on PosiCharge. It includes two different links to two different San Mar videos.
btw, Pierre says that he has seen some bleed, but I have had no issues.
As I said, I only have used low bleed (Streetfighter) and have had great success. In fact, they are the only colored poly I will print white, as I don't even keep a poly ink in house. (Interestingly, I have been fortunate to not lose more than a couple of jobs over the years as my poly runs have all been either small enough to run vinyl, on light colors, or, more recently, on PosiCharge garments.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:32:47 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 10:33:52 AM »
I still use poly ink on them, just in case. They really are awesome though and I have never had one bleed on me at all.  I try to push every client to that brand when they want those kinds of styles, though still have to use others when they want colors or contrast panels etc that the sporttek doesnt have.

You would think every manufacturer would do whatever they are doing instead of continuing to put out such horrible bleeders like some brands (like the C2 stuff...ugh). The sporttek stuff is cheap too