Author Topic: 2 Questions??  (Read 2177 times)

Offline XG Print

2 Questions??
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »
Hey!! I am going to print these ts for a local swim team and want to know if anyone knows a gold that I could PFP on the heather saphire ts with any success? (see attached) I don't want to under base because of the fine lightning detail.  Also has anyone ever printed on swim caps...The type you see the Olympic swimmers wearing?  I think they are a rubber material...Thanks guys

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: 2 Questions??
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 12:01:26 PM »
Caps are silicone.  I would talk with Nazdar about your best solution, but I would default to Silicone ink :)

If that garment is a 50/50, I would underbase with a low bleed white of choice.  You can still print the lightning bolts directly onto the shirt and over the base plate if you think you are unable to keep that detail in your white screen.

Conversely, could you hold that detail through a 180 mesh?  I would give that a shot.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »
There is a guy in the Midwest that prints the rubber swim caps with silicone, multi color

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:41:10 PM »
If you are worried about registration problems on the detail then you could use a clear base as an underlay.  Conversely you could do a tone on tone color for the underbase.  i.e. the shirt color.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline XG Print

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
If you are worried about registration problems on the detail then you could use a clear base as an underlay.  Conversely you could do a tone on tone color for the underbase.  i.e. the shirt color.

Would just any clear base work or is there one you would recommend?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »

What ink line are you using? 
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline XG Print

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 01:47:25 PM »

What ink line are you using?

Mostly QCM ...Usually from American Niagra on colors

Offline Screen Dan

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 03:03:17 PM »
We do plenty of Gildan's 50/50 fashion heather colors with QCM inks and no special considerations.  Sunset, Midnight, Russet, once we did Heather Sapphire...probably a couple others. 

Sprint 2000 HO aimed at 385, 22-24fpm on the dryer belt.  Never had any problems with dye migration or sublimation on them.

We do usually underbase...but not everything and like I said, we haven't had any problems.  I'd imagine a PFP of any color would yield very similar results.

Your mileage may vary, every shop is different, et cetera.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 07:01:00 AM »
  I mostly use Wilflex BUT I keep a couple of gallons of Union Maxopake just for
something like that. PFP should give you what you are looking for without an UB.