Author Topic: greens are lime green in 4CP  (Read 1947 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
greens are lime green in 4CP
« on: April 15, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »
My darker greens seem to be more lime green in my print, could it be that the Cyan needs to be a little darker? Thanks

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: greens are lime green in 4CP
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
bump up your cyan in those areas, and maybe knock back the yellow a bit.  what inks are you using?  What mesh count?  On a base or on a white shirt?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »
My darker greens seem to be more lime green in my print, could it be that the Cyan needs to be a little darker? Thanks

Your intuition is correct, mimo has it...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »
Correct. Many use the bandaid of say basing back the process yellow but that will cause problem as most won't remember what is based back and what is 100% causing trouble for future jobs

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »
you are probably missing black ink. PMS 342 is 100%C, 66%Y and 41% black. Without the black it is kind of limey!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
Sorry for not getting back sooner to those who replied. It was a tad bit too much yellow and I bumped the  cyan up and it worked out. It was a painting so it was really forgiving on line up and the colors came out really nice. Bottom line is the customer loved it. Thanks