Author Topic: What`s SeparationStudio studio doing to my image size?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What`s SeparationStudio studio doing to my image size?
« on: April 25, 2016, 08:28:57 PM »
I really can`t remember how long this is going on for now but it has to be a few years now. Every time we use the "save as" function in Separation Studio and then place the saved file into Illustrator the image is suddenly more then 3 times the original size. An artwork that was 19 inches when opened in Sep Studio will after placing it in Illustrator suddenly be 65 inches tall.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What`s SeparationStudio studio doing to my image size?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:10:35 PM »
'not really sure if it's relevant, but try checking your image settings in  Illustrator. I think there is a place to specify the dpi for the imported images and if you are three times less than what sep studio is producing it could be causing it to be three times as big. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »
Pretty sure P is on target. The file is coming in at 72ppi. More than tripling the doc size.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »
You guys might be onto something there. I found a different solution, that has worked for now. For some reason when using the dedicated save button things seem to work just fine. But as soon as we go though the save function in the top menu things go south.
I can tell already by the file size. Once saved in Separation Studio, depending which save function I have used, the file is 279 MB. Saved with the "save"button the file will be around 170MB and opens at the correct size in illustrator.