Author Topic: Above and beyond service from Workhorse!  (Read 12407 times)

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
Above and beyond service from Workhorse!
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »
I had a new Sabre installed a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with everything when the tech left.  However, I put a job on it that was a nightmare to register, didn't have trap, etc and noticed that a couple of platens seemed a bit off, not by much, and certainly nothing a customer would ever notice or complain about, however, I've never owned a new press and wasn't exactly sure if it were even possible for a new machine to print "perfect".  So, I took some photos of the prints and emailed them to Phil at Workhorse, and even in the pictures, it was hard to tell that anything was out of registration so I was concerned that maybe he wouldn't see anything and I'd have to argue my case a bit.

I sent that email around 10 pm one night earlier this week, and first thing the next morning I received a call from him and he said he could see it, and it was slight, but he would send a couple techs to check everything and get it registered properly.  They were about 2 hours away finishing up an install and actually showed up at 7pm that night to take a look.  Found out that a couple were off and so they made the adjustments, as well as checked over the entire press and made a few other minor adjustments to get everything running perfect.

Reading this, you might think that its just good business and that I got lucky with the techs being in the area when I noticed the issue, and although that may be true, what really makes Workhorse stand out is what they've done for me in the past.

First, I've never bought any new equipment from Workhorse before the Sabre.

Back in 2011, I saw an ad on Craigslist for a Tuf Olympian 10/12 and gave them a call.  I talked to Phil and he told me the history of that particular press and that for the price I should buy it.  I have since done numerous repairs and upgrades on the press and each and every time he gave me all the instructions I needed and helped me keep it running and printing in the best shape it could for a 23 year old press.

For a company to support a user that has never bought anything new from them, and especially help them fix and maintain a 20+ year old machine without ever getting anything out of it is amazing.

I have no doubt there are other companies out there that are just as good to their customers, but I just wanted to share my experience with everyone on Workhorse and you should definitely consider them for your next piece of equipment.  I love the new Sabre and can't explain what an upgrade it is to move to the all electric from the all air press that I had, even tho, at 23 years and counting it still runs and prints and will hopefully make someone else enough to buy a new machine too!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Above and beyond service from Workhorse!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:53:17 PM »
Awesome news.  What's even better than having new equipment is knowing you have the backing of great support.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 07:31:42 PM »
My press has now been up and running for a few weeks now, and any time I have a question, they are always there.  I had them check the log on my press last night, and when I came in this morning, I had an email waiting for me.  Support has been superb, the little I have needed it.  It doesnt hurt that they make a great machine either...

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:07:08 PM »
I have the same experience with them. I always feel guilty calling them about a used piece of equipment. They never have a problem helping if you bought it used. I think its like the maytag repair man situation over there. They really don't get that many calls for service so when they do they love helping.