Author Topic: How do you handle discharge/plastisol orders  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
How do you handle discharge/plastisol orders
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:52 AM »
We have customer we a large white ink, lots of coverage design, and loves the discharge. Unfortunately, we also print non-dischargables like zip hoodies for them too. So they just called in an unusually small order of 5 hoodies and 15 t's, how would some of you hand ink change charges on this? He usually orders his 2/2 image 72 pieces and up...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How do you handle discharge/plastisol orders
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:56 AM »
If he is a long time good customer I would charge it out like any other small order and make a small cup of discharge ink print it and keep a happy customer, not like your going to lose money maybe a little time, but for me I rather give up a little time and keep a good customer.  We just did this on an order never even mention it to the customer, just charge them what we'd charge for a normal small order.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »
I also don't mind bending rules a little for good customers, but, if they go unmentioned, they can come back to bite us over and over. I think that a surcharge helps cement one's general policies.
On the other hand, I have to run a few pieces of a job last run with discharge, and I have warned them that these will be plastisol, and not perfect matches.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »
We are flexible too, but when it's as busy as it is this time of year, it hurts more... I guess the easiest is to do the plastisol first since we can clean it out without dismounting the screen to go to the sink... thanks guys, have a great weekend.

Steve

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
 we would go the other way and sell them on a discharable hoodie, one set up and done.

In a similar situation, yesterday we ran a 100 charcoal G2000 2/3 with dc and the customer also needed 12 safety green for the event staff, same design. We had no choice but to switch inks. the customer didn't care how we printed the shirts, I chose to run it DC so it's on me to take on the cost.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »
Dischargable Hoodie equivalent to G12500 weightwise? The weight is the key with them, but if I have something to show, I would. I've done some of the thinner ones that discharge, but I really dislike selling a sweatshirt that feels like a wet dishrag...

Steve

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
we use the hanes F170 with great success for discharge. I know there are a few others but this one is readily available.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
Independent 4000, it's  10 oz, so even heavier.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 03:46:44 PM »
Who knew? Not me... thanks, I'm going to check them out. Youse guys are alright... have a good weekend everyone.

Steve

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 09:09:25 PM »
If he is a long time good customer I would charge it out like any other small order and make a small cup of discharge ink print it and keep a happy customer, not like your going to lose money maybe a little time, but for me I rather give up a little time and keep a good customer.  We just did this on an order never even mention it to the customer, just charge them what we'd charge for a normal small order.

darryl
Same here for a good customer I would not make a big deal out if all. Saying that, I find that the good and returning customers are very often the ones who understand and  don`t mind the  additional fee involved to make this special requests happen. At least in our neck of the woods.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »
One of his guys called and ordered over the phone; I sent a note to the owner about switching from Gildan to Hanes on the Hoodie, and he says, "Who placed the order? I didn't OK that..." So it's on hold for now; he probably will put it through after he gives someone some crap about spending his money without checking... thanks again for the tip on the Hanes and the Independent Trading...

Steve