Author Topic: shurloc endurance panels  (Read 1963 times)

Offline IntegriTees

shurloc endurance panels
« on: May 23, 2016, 01:59:56 PM »
anyone have any info on the new endurance panels?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: shurloc endurance panels
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 03:47:46 PM »
info or experience? I can do info. . . as could shurloc, they are on the board here.

what would you like to know?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »
we have a handful of the roller frame version from right after the ISS show..

the good:

- we haven't taped the rollers and all the panels are still in good shape (haven't torn the edges yet)
- the plastic 'rods' are reusable...
- the mesh can be shipped rolled up so you save on dimensional shipping costs

the bad:

- the glue that they use tends to 'stick' to the scoop coater so you can get uneven prints.. I'm still working on a solution... right now it seems to be to use a 'strip' of scotch tape during the coating process on top of the glue (which sucks as it wastes tape).
- it's kinda a pita to learn how to keep the locking rod in place while tensioning the screen the first time.

We've been so busy that I haven't really had a chance to revisit them tho...

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:38:08 AM »
I just want to know how/why they are better than the regular panels.
I saw a pic in one of the magazines and on their Facebook page but that is it.
Benefits?

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 02:16:48 PM »
From what I've gathered, they last longer and can withstand tears along the edges without affecting the integrity of the screen.  The one time cost of $9.95 per roller frame for the splines required to use them was what priced us out of giving them a shot.  And although we pop screens far more than I'd like to admit (or pay for), its rarely along the edge where the added protection would make a difference.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 07:12:10 PM »
hmmmm, thats pretty much where i'm getting all of my damage.  i attribute it to careless employees but i'm constantly getting little tears and holes where the mesh overlaps the roller.  might have to give these a try.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »
we have a handful of the roller frame version from right after the ISS show..

- the glue that they use tends to 'stick' to the scoop coater so you can get uneven prints.. I'm still working on a solution... right now it seems to be to use a 'strip' of scotch tape during the coating process on top of the glue (which sucks as it wastes tape).

Here is a picture of what I believe Jason is commenting about
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:53 PM »
Wow, that looks horrible

Offline shurloc

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »
Hey everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone else had some questions or concerns to share with us on these. I'm always happy to send a sample your way if you want to take one for a spin though... And yes, Jason, we are working on a new protective mix that will actually be "slick" vs. the textured stuff we have now. Good times in the chemical testing department!

That said, if anyone has any questions - fire away or email ron @ shurloc.com
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 10:08:22 PM »
Hey everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone else had some questions or concerns to share with us on these. I'm always happy to send a sample your way if you want to take one for a spin though... And yes, Jason, we are working on a new protective mix that will actually be "slick" vs. the textured stuff we have now. Good times in the chemical testing department!

That said, if anyone has any questions - fire away or email ron @ shurloc.com

Ron -- I was emailing David about this just this morning, can't wait to see what's up with that, because overall I really like the concept, and once the bugs are worked out I think it will be killer.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
We've gotten so much great feedback so far, it's hard to work all of it in to the final product, but we do have quite a few things in the pipeline for them going forward. That said, I'd still love to send out some samples for everyone to play with - especially roller frame users!!!
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter