Author Topic: What kind of ink do i use on nylon?  (Read 3509 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: What kind of ink do i use on nylon?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 11:13:07 AM »
$134.00 for a gallon of white shipped to me, no matter how good it is that is not worth it. But they do offer a money back guarantee!!

Depending on the print size I would suggest calculating how much ink your putting on the shirt to determine the price of ink per print. The difference can be pennies between the two inks which in gallons can vary what is a lot but for me it's about the value I can get out of the ink. The ink might cost more but by the time you have to mix catalyst, possible chance the cheaper ink might print slower, the ink might make printing more difficult, reclaim harder, etc etc etc I feel when looking at ink it's so much more about the value of it and what it can do to help you print easier, better, and quicker. My opinion but don't overlook the value outside of the initial price.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 12:50:37 PM »
Xenon's white for this is $46 per gallon
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »
Lime Kelly or Forest is $58 per gallon
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »
Got a job today that wants green and white ink on nylon bags...I have never printed on nylon before..what kind of ink do I use? I do have a poly white ink...can i use a poly on nylon?

and what about the curing process? Send them thru the dryer??

Mark:  I’m assuming that these bags are not a one-time throw away promo items.  If these bags are intended for long term use the print that you apply has to be durable.  In this application saving a few pennies or even a dollar on ink can be false economy.  There are a bunch of different inks that might work on Nylon with decent results, and at least one that will definitely produce great results.

the International Coatings 900 series was designed from the ground-up especially for screen-printing onto hard to decorate nylon fabrics.  This ink when used with the its companion catalyst provides exceptional print performance and printability and durability.  Email or PM me your address and contact information and I’ll send you a (1) Qt. of White, (1) Qt. of Kelly Green and (8) Oz of catalyst.

All I’ll ask in return is for you to test out the inks, then return to this thread and provide review of your results.   
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662