Author Topic: Blocking pin dots ect on WB/DC screns  (Read 8848 times)

Offline SI

• !!!
Re: Blocking pin dots ect on WB/DC screns
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »
Hard 7 on the Stauffer strip

let em sit in the sun for a couple hours and see if they still do it.

i've used phu and seem to recall the bottom of the screen being a little sweaty.. not wet but tape didn't stick.

We have dried all the screens in the sun this summer, if it is raining we post expose any WB/DC job on the exposure unit as well, I guess the way you describe it is correct, sweaty, not full out wet on the bottom, but just sweaty enough tape falls off after 50-100 shirts. 

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 12:24:58 PM »
Have the same issue here, including with SP1400.  Painters tape will stick for a while, but not long great.  Have tried every tape I can think of and nothing is for sure on a longer run.  Only happens with certain inks though.  Matsui spot black has no issues, but something like TW Graphics 5500 white will have tape fall off in 5 minutes.  I am seriously baking the screens and they aren't breaking down, so it isnt an exposure issue.

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »
Have the same issue here, including with SP1400.  Painters tape will stick for a while, but not long great.  Have tried every tape I can think of and nothing is for sure on a longer run.  Only happens with certain inks though.  Matsui spot black has no issues, but something like TW Graphics 5500 white will have tape fall off in 5 minutes.  I am seriously baking the screens and they aren't breaking down, so it isnt an exposure issue.

TCT got me to switch to the Uline rubberized tape, I never had a single piece fall off on the SP-1400.  But on the PHU it just won't stick.  If you haven't tried it give it a try, or as he mentioned, try the UPS labels.

Offline redwoodtees

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
Is nail polish safe to use on S-mesh screens as well?

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 12:24:33 AM »
We always use emulsion to block out reg marks/film labels on DC/Waterbase screens. We just switched to the Murakami T9 from the SP1400 cut our exposure time down significantly. We just ran a 250pc discharge job yesterday with no problems. Looking to test it on larger runs this fall. We did let it bake in the sun for a while and post expose...not sure if both were necessary but I always do as much as possible to help ensure screen holds up. We also had good luck with the Kiwo multitex on runs up to 4,000pcs but it was tough to strip for us. Our goal is to find 1 emulsion for plast and WB screens.

I remember reading somewhere to not tape waterbase/DC screens on the bottom or shirts side. I think it mentioned that it could create a moisture barrier causing the screen to break down prematurely. It needs to "breathe" on the shirts side.
Happened to us early on when we first started doing WB work a few years back and we've not taped the bottom side since then. 

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 11:03:52 AM »
We always use emulsion to block out reg marks/film labels on DC/Waterbase screens. We just switched to the Murakami T9 from the SP1400 cut our exposure time down significantly. We just ran a 250pc discharge job yesterday with no problems. Looking to test it on larger runs this fall. We did let it bake in the sun for a while and post expose...not sure if both were necessary but I always do as much as possible to help ensure screen holds up. We also had good luck with the Kiwo multitex on runs up to 4,000pcs but it was tough to strip for us. Our goal is to find 1 emulsion for plast and WB screens.

I remember reading somewhere to not tape waterbase/DC screens on the bottom or shirts side. I think it mentioned that it could create a moisture barrier causing the screen to break down prematurely. It needs to "breathe" on the shirts side.
Happened to us early on when we first started doing WB work a few years back and we've not taped the bottom side since then.

That was me and you're welcome ;) Printwear a few ys back can't remember. But only if you do things right in pre-press can you do this. Classic case of Printerhydrophobia

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 11:20:26 AM »
Hii..
Nice all about  information i liked your all info i want more  about u share ...

You want more?
Grab some coffee, sit down, and read, read, read.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 01:10:23 PM »
Speaking of taping screens 98% of the time I never tape the shirt side of my screens, I figure if I tape it right on the squeegee side the first time I'm good, not saying I ain't goofed from time to time.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!