Author Topic: Stretching new mzx issues  (Read 1215 times)

Offline LoneWolf2

Stretching new mzx issues
« on: May 27, 2016, 06:49:46 PM »
Hopefully someone can help before I lose my damn mind.
Just picked up a dozen new 23x31 mzx UL's from Nazdar, and I  can't get these damn things to stretch flat to save my life. None of the rollers roll smoothly, almost like they're catching on something during the tensioning or end up twisting/kinked after being torqued and sitting for a minute, but the older versions of the mzx I have no issues with. Anyone had anything like this happen with theirs before or know where I should start looking?

Edit: doing these on a roller master table.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:04:57 PM by LoneWolf2 »

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Stretching new mzx issues
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
If u have done one Newman u can do another. Of course u know all bolts are tight, loosen bolt kitty corner from high corner, ease down to "flat" surface, rotate frame, repeat if needed. ????
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:04:50 PM by GaryG »

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYSfw0H-0No

I do it SIMILAR to the above video.
I would push the wrench a bit more than needed so when I tighten the bolt and allow the frame to sit, the other two corners would be the non flat ones.
Then with the same corner that I just tighten I would slowly loosen the bolt (not to much) and tap gently (the mesh tension would reverse the rotation) to lower the other two corners. Once flattened I would tighten the bolt.

I hope it makes sense.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYSfw0H-0No

I do it SIMILAR to the above video.
I would push the wrench a bit more than needed so when I tighten the bolt and allow the frame to sit, the other two corners would be the non flat ones.
Then with the same corner that I just tighten I would slowly loosen the bolt (not to much) and tap gently (the mesh tension would reverse the rotation) to lower the other two corners. Once flattened I would tighten the bolt.

I hope it makes sense.

I have to do the same thing on every MZX we have, it works, they will flatten, but it's a pain in the a$$
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »
I've been able to flatten them when I used to stretch the smaller ones manually, but i'm doing these on a roller master.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 09:34:48 PM »
I've been able to flatten them when I used to stretch the smaller ones manually, but i'm doing these on a roller master.

Mine too on their rollermaster. They like to move when tightening. I got tired of fighting them, so I'll just use them quick technique in that video.  Just takes a few seconds. Just sucks. I've heard that's a non issue with them shurloc stretch table
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 10:18:40 PM »
your frames have offset corners and require a twice around bolt tighten to help ensure flatness and set the reverse curve.

first just snug the bolts and the 2nd time around torque them.  I like to walk around clockwise starting at the long edge right side

When you torque, use steady pressure on the wrench until it clicks. Don't force it and use your free hand to hold the frame.

After the frame is made, if you have a high corner, turn the frame over so the mesh is down and using the long tube end wrench, pull the high corner inward a tad until the other end of the tube goes flat.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 06:44:15 AM »
We have all MZX (square bar) and do not use a commercial table and have solved this problem 100% quick and easy.
the key is to leave both bolts on the square bar about 50 to 60% tight after you have all other bolts up to torque.
If you have a high corner simply grab both corners with your hands and twist in the opposite direction. You will find with the sq bar bolts half tight the balance of the frame will allow you a ton of movement. takes about two nano seconds then tighten the bar bolts and done .
the key is you have to hold down the square bar to accomplish this. We use the contraption below . I can supply more details on how it is built .
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.