Author Topic: Another One for a Client.  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Another One for a Client.
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »
Seps by Dottone...

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
Re: Another One for a Client.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:16 PM »
Love it.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »
Whoo hooo!  Another awesome print by Miller Graphics.
That do look goooood.

What was the set up again?
230 base and 300's on top? 55lpi @22.5 degrees abc ellipse dot shape? Did we do this in 6 or 7 colors?  I forget now.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
SHARP!
Here we go ...again

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
Nice print, Donnie.

I would like to know how many of us use a black plate on black shirts, I avoid it as much as is possible.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »
Nice print, Donnie.

I would like to know how many of us use a black plate on black shirts, I avoid it as much as is possible.

I use it on black garments for sim process (when ever I can pretty much) or as needed. I feel it really adds to the details in a photo that has allot of black halftone in it.  Knocking out to the shirt color is not always the desired option for me. I think that the typical or average type of customer that I ahve  makes a difference as well. Most are using an 8 color process or less. So I am often working with 7 or less colors and most prefer 6 if I can get it down that far. Again, most of my customers come to me because the sep needed is a difficult job and it's more colors that they can do.  I seem to have a knack for getting a jobs down to 6-7 colors without effecting the quality of the original art (that much).

Most all my customers will tell ya that it looks much better with a black screen of halftone. This is because I can mix inks to get all of those darker shadow shades far more easier than if I had to knock the color shaded area out from all colors to get to the background black shirt.  It looks more intended and often like you actually used a dark green or a dark brown or a dark red etc.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »

What was the set up again?
230 base and 300's on top? 55lpi @22.5 degrees abc ellipse dot shape? Did we do this in 6 or 7 colors?  I forget now.

50 lpi at 22.5

White base 230,  yellow 305, Gray 305, red 305, blue 305, black 305 and highlight white 305. The black gives it more detail and allows you more options for shirt colors too.

Offline yorkie

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:10 PM »
Any chance we can get a peak at the original artwork for comparison?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »
Nice print, Donnie.

It depends on the image, for fine detail printing the black 1/2 tone works great, for "graphic" images with large areas of black, we let the shirt show through.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »
It depends on the image, for fine detail printing the black 1/2 tone works great, for "graphic" images with large areas of black, we let the shirt show through.

Steve

Yes. Indeed. I agree.

You can also have some other times when it's just not the best choice. Size of areas using black versus size of other colors needed.  You might choose not to use black halftones if you need another color that has a much larger impact on the art that can't be created with existing color, like fuchsia.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
Very, Very Nice Donnie....

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 01:08:18 AM »
Any chance we can get a peak at the original artwork for comparison?

Remind me. I have a jpg somewhere.  A lot on the plate for the next few days.