Author Topic: "Little" Gas Conveyor Dryer?  (Read 4137 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: "Little" Gas Conveyor Dryer?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
All great info. I'm going to look into this more seriously for my shop. I'm getting pretty sick of being so limited due to the electrical and need a new dryer anyway as my ancient National is pretty close to death.

Are there any random issues I need to think a out when switching from electric to gas? Different venting, proximity to walls or Bay doors, etc? Just want to make sure I don't overlook anything.
The biggest problems we see when smaller shops go gas is two or three. First and foremost they are vented wrong. I have seen more 90 degree elbows and flexible exhaust than I care to speak of. The second issue we see is wrong gas pressure or pipe to the dryer. The third is lack of proper maintenance. Dirty blowers and lack of proper grease for bearing shafts are the most common.
Rich Hoffman

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
Frog, I have a mini,Love it cost 100 monthly in gas to run in Colorado. I have 4' in/out and 8' heat, so 16' total The problem with shorter outfeed  is harder for shirt to cool down before going in box. in feed side I wouldn't want shorter i can lay a shirt down no problem no baby sitting.
Shane

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 01:21:39 PM »
I assume there is literature related to all of that, right Rich?I'm seriously considering the switch as I think it will pay for itself pretty quickly and free up a much needed 220 circuit.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »
I assume there is literature related to all of that, right Rich?I'm seriously considering the switch as I think it will pay for itself pretty quickly and free up a much needed 220 circuit.
Its all on our web site. There are two versions. Mini-Sprint 2000 and 38" Sprint 3000
Rich Hoffman

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »
I've got a lead on 2 Heatwaves, a Boomerang, and an eliminator (I read about them being gas hogs etc and it is likely too big).  All used.  Would the guidelines related to the sprints apply to those, and if not how would I find out about those?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »
I've got a lead on 2 Heatwaves, a Boomerang, and an eliminator (I read about them being gas hogs etc and it is likely too big).  All used.  Would the guidelines related to the sprints apply to those, and if not how would I find out about those?
Do NOT buy the Eliminator. Way too much energy and maintenance.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 10:00:07 PM »
We bought a used Heatwave, it was a little fussy at first getting the gas pressures correct for it, but now it runs like a champ, we love it.
Wishin' I was Fishin'