Author Topic: First Print On The Jav  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
First Print On The Jav
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »
Well Sunday I spent 6 hours leveling the pallets, what a pain that is. But I threw on a 180 mesh screen with black ink just to see if I could get it to print and magically it worked! Now I have to try a multi color and figure out the micros on this thing.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: First Print On The Jav
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
nice print! Now finish the install and go make some money!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Northland

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
Well done Jerry !
Don't forget... the pallets on the Jav are cantilivered out from the arms and if you put too much weight on the front of the pallet, you'll lose some of that parallel alignment that you worked hard to establish.

If you got good halftones on the first print, you're well on your way.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »
Thanks guys, I have to get this thing printing money

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
Nice! Congrats on getting it up and running!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
printing money is illegal.  8)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
LOL. Yeah I seen a 20 dollar bill fake today, good print at first glance.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »
We had a guy here years ago that was printing them in his garage and hanging them up to dry.  Somebody walked by and noticed it.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »
Not sure if this will help you but it did immensely on mine. I posted this a long time ago on Prestons board unfortunately the pics were removed.

A while back someone gave me the idea on a way to make leveling my palettes easier. On my Jav which is probably older than most and does not use the same system, basically the leveling bolts are threaded right into the bracket, to level the palette you have to loosen up the bracket bolts and the bolts on the print arm, the biggest issue because the through holes on the palette arm itself are elongated, every time you loosen them bolts you loose your center line, (IT IS A BIATCH!!!!!)

Someone suggested drilling out the threaded hole on the bracket, today i am doing that, I have mixed results.

The good is that now I can permanently lock the bottom bolts to the print arm, and never have to worry about losing center again, also there is a lot less play in the whole system now when leveling, the badis the new nut you must add to the top interferes with the palette slide system. I am not sure it is an issue yet but I suspect now i will have to loosen 4 bolts instead of just two to remove a palette.

I will actually post pictures on this eventually so others can actually understand what the hell I am talking about.

Let me say this the way TUF engineered this is ridiculous, they get a huge fat F for this engineering marvel. The three bolt system absolutely sucks to start with, but elongating (slotting) the holes on the print arm is a huge PITFA! It is next to impossible to line our palette bracket up centered, every time you turn any bolt it moves the rest, I have only done one set as of yet and i am completely bald with no swears left in me! I am trying to brainstorm something before i tackle the rest, or maybe someone has already figured out a way to do it?

As for drilling out the thread bolt hole, if anyone attempts this, try to do it with a drill press set to the lowest RPM's. And absolutely have someone standing there squirting lube on the bit as you go. Try to drill to fast and it will melt the Aluminum and dull the blade out quick.
"No man is an island"