Author Topic: Wilflex Epic Rio mixing system  (Read 8928 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Wilflex Epic Rio mixing system
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »
Is this a super opaque, where you can P-F-P without an underbase such as Union Maxopake?

How do the wet on wet capabilities compare to the MX system?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 03:01:52 PM »
Danny is running it.

He said he would post in a week or so on his findings and thoughts.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 05:35:53 AM »
Is this a super opaque, where you can P-F-P without an underbase such as Union Maxopake?

Hi There

It is not super opaque - you will need an under base. The more opaque you make a system the bigger the compromise becomes regarding Pantone accuracy. It prints very similar to MX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Philip Collins-Shone
Area Sales Manager, EMEA, Specialty Inks and Polymer Systems
+44 (0) 775 852 349
Philip.collins-shone@PolyOne.com

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »

Hi There

It is not super opaque - you will need an under base. The more opaque you make a system the bigger the compromise becomes regarding Pantone accuracy. It prints very similar to MX.

Thanks!

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 03:00:19 PM »
Currently using mx and have the tester kit of the rio.
What are the pros and cons of each comparatively? I have my main customer that is wanting brighter colors on darks...can I achieve this better with the rio?

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 03:17:31 AM »
Has anyone used the Rio system on longer Sim. Process runs (500+)?  If so how was the WOW print-ability and opacity throughout the run?

Two new EPIC RIO prints 9 cols printed in Poland last week  - two flashes 500 pcs (previously used 4 flashes on the bold print with another ink system ) - needed to stop twice for thread removal - no screen wiping - no build up - colours were "right first time" this system is real "hot " right now  ;D 8)
Philip Collins-Shone
+44 (0) 775 852 349

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 06:44:39 AM »
A bit off topic here but hone that second print all I can say is wow!  Spot on for the flesh color.  Nice!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
Any comments from Rio users... Happy or Not So Much?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »
Any comments from Rio users... Happy or Not So Much?

Very happy with rio here.... I've been bogged down the last few weeks training and testing new stuff but I'll make time soon to report back here. Super happy with rio right now
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 02:54:19 AM »
What are the pros and cons of each comparatively? I have my main customer that is wanting brighter colors on darks...can I achieve this better with the rio?
Sorry for the delay - printed side by side it is not too easy to spot visible differences in colour tints - this is a good thing as it shows both systems are accurate to Pantone - however, I have seen drawn down cards printed with both systems side by side and the Rio definitely has more opacity built into it.

My suggestion would be try out the most problematic colours from MX with the RIO starter kit. Regardless, you will still need an under base.

Regards

Phil

Philip Collins-Shone
+44 (0) 775 852 349

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
Wilflex Epic Rio mixing system
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 03:49:30 AM »

Sorry for the delay - printed side by side it is not too easy to spot visible differences in colour tints - this is a good thing as it shows both systems are accurate to Pantone - however, I have seen drawn down cards printed with both systems side by side and the Rio definitely has more opacity built into it.

My suggestion would be try out the most problematic colours from MX with the RIO starter kit. Regardless, you will still need an under base.

Regards

Phil

Have a look at the pictures attached and zoom in on the folded shirts half & half - The Epic Rio print is on the left you can see the same colours the red, yellow ,green printed over a base white and direct to garment - look at the yellow & red halftones in particular.

A new yellow component has been added to the Rio system. Ignore the different shade of the dark blue direct  on to the black garment - we purposely used a different shade so we could tell which were Rio and which were MX ???????????? the opacity difference is subtle but it is definitely there in the Rio system.

Would love to hear what you have found

Happy New Year????

Kind regards

Phil

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:57:47 AM by pcshone »
Philip Collins-Shone
+44 (0) 775 852 349