Author Topic: Greek Printing  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Tag1

Greek Printing
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:23:33 PM »
Fairly new to screen printing but where is the best place to go to get answers about being able to print apparel for University Greek houses.  I was told if they come to me can I print it for them, I just can't print my own for resale, is that correct?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Greek Printing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:33:02 PM »
Correct, check with affinity consultants...which I am pretty certain is either run by the government or the mob.  I hated working with them...so we no longer print greek stuff.

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:53 PM »
I was told by affinity consultants that even if they come to you without jumping through all the hoops you are not allowed to print any of the insignias, ect.  They audit there books and when they see a printer they check to see if they have a license...or whatever.  It wasn't worth it to us to even try so we just dropped it.  I now have a list of all fraternities and sororities that belong to their organization and that is one of the first questions I ask.  We did it without knowing and they let it slide...LOL.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:44:26 AM »
You can't do it.  I hold the license and like mentioned, its a pain in my ass, but right now, we still do it.  The ONLY way you can do it is if you hold the license.  Others will probably tell you different, but like also mentioned, check with affinity consultants, they are the one that will sue your ass!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline JORDANART

• Verified/Junior
  • jordandowningart.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
 We never had any problems with our Greek customers not approving their art. But since we have to get Affinity's approval on the design, it's made things very slow and difficult. They can take up to a full week or more to approve the art, and not approve a design over some pretty ridiculous reasones. Goodbye quick turn around for Greek orders. Definite Mob ties somewhere!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »
We never had any problems with our Greek customers not approving their art. But since we have to get Affinity's approval on the design, it's made things very slow and difficult. They can take up to a full week or more to approve the art, and not approve a design over some pretty ridiculous reasones. Goodbye quick turn around for Greek orders. Definite Mob ties somewhere!

They reply within 48 hrs.  if not call Melissa Jean-Baptiste, she can make it happen immediately or does for me.  And yes the reject so many designs its ridiculous.  We did one that was a US troops tribute on memorial day, and they rejected it because the TROOPS had rifles in their hands.  Can you believe that?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 08:39:33 AM »
They reply within 48 hrs.  if not call Melissa Jean-Baptiste, she can make it happen immediately or does for me.  And yes the reject so many designs its ridiculous.  We did one that was a US troops tribute on memorial day, and they rejected it because the TROOPS had rifles in their hands.  Can you believe that?

Yes, yes I can. 

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »
Fairly new to screen printing but where is the best place to go to get answers about being able to print apparel for University Greek houses.  I was told if they come to me can I print it for them, I just can't print my own for resale, is that correct?

I believe the rules have changed a bit, when I was in college 2004 - 2007 we were told that since we were members of Kappa Sigma, we could use the logos and have them printed anywhere as we were a copyright holder for life as long as we left college as a member in good standing.  Furthermore, they allowed or even encouraged the use of the colors and/or logos for brother's businesses after college.  But, I do believe that most organizations have entered into licensing agreements with the company mentioned above which takes away the copyright ownership and forces the members to use licensed vendors only.