Author Topic: Trying out a new emulsion  (Read 2428 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Trying out a new emulsion
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »
Trying out a new to me emulsion, any of you use this already ChromaTech WR, I'm happy with HXT but like always trying different things just to have another go to product.  Pros/Cons
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Trying out a new emulsion
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »
Me and screenprintguy are using it!  ITS THE BOSS!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:16:29 PM »
Me and screenprintguy are using it!  ITS THE BOSS!

Yeah it's the best I've tried yet!!!!! Darryl, since you are a film guy, make certain that you have it dry dry dry to prevent it from sticking to your film. Don't rush it. It exposes in the same time as say like a Chromablue, after you rinse out and dry, post expose it and man that mamajamma will hold up like steel!!! The detail is insanely awesome!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »
Yeah I tested the Chromablue and found out it takes a butt load of drying for film use, so I had to pull out the baby powder ;D, that is good to know about drying time.  I tend to rush screens through sometimes, since this and the HXT are pretty much different colors I'll be good, the Chromablue look pretty much like the HXT and I did get them mixed up and had a hell of a time with film sticking, but it was all on me.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
The Chroma Tech will work awesome with wb and discharge though, unlike the chromablue. Now if you can't get it to not be sticky, Murikami T9 Is what I've been using for a while now, pure photo polymer that works with discharge and water based inks as well with a post exposure. Doesn't have the sticky issue if you rush things, just for us, the Chromatech accepts the CTS imaging waaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer, looks like someone put black weeded vinyl on the screen its so pristine. The T9 is awesome as well like I said, as far as performance on press, it would have been my end all emulsion, but I tried the Chromatech and the CTS imaging is so perfect and literally falls out in the wash out booth where the T9 I would have to beat on it a bit with the pressure washer because of how the CTS ink kind of bands on surface. You can't go wrong with either one really. HTX was my go to for WB and discharge, but either of these smoke it!!

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:28:29 PM »
Murakami also has Photocure WSR in a dual cure for increased resolution for the sim process printers.  No hardeners, easy reclaiming, all inks.  both are available in an LED version to squeak out some lower halftones, but those 2% dots are often blocked by the threads due to size of the dot!   Reclaiming is like melting butter with normal reclaim solution.  T9 is a pure photopolymer and most photopolymers like a pressure wash development.  T9 is also adjustable.  Add up to 5-10% water by emulsion volume to dial in the viscosity you want.  Withstands all textile inks and reclaims easily.  Resolution is excellent.  If you aren't seeing the resolution you want coat less. Typically 1:1 dull 1:2 sharp is all you need for 12-15% EOM. 
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 06:39:36 PM »
we tested out the CCI LED specific stuff today,  few small DC runs, 100 pieces ea or so. Nothing extravagant, exposed around 15 seconds. We will see how it works on some sim process later this week. HXT is still awesome with the diazo.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:40:40 AM »
Murakami also has Photocure WSR in a dual cure for increased resolution for the sim process printers.  No hardeners, easy reclaiming, all inks.  both are available in an LED version to squeak out some lower halftones, but those 2% dots are often blocked by the threads due to size of the dot!   Reclaiming is like melting butter with normal reclaim solution.  T9 is a pure photopolymer and most photopolymers like a pressure wash development.  T9 is also adjustable.  Add up to 5-10% water by emulsion volume to dial in the viscosity you want.  Withstands all textile inks and reclaims easily.  Resolution is excellent.  If you aren't seeing the resolution you want coat less. Typically 1:1 dull 1:2 sharp is all you need for 12-15% EOM.

Hey Al! I just want to make sure you don't thinking I'm knocking T9 at all. It's a fantastic emulsion as you know we've loved it for the past several months. For us, it is just the interaction it has with the CTS ink as it's printing on the surface of the emulsion. If it wasn't for that, I would not have ever considered taking a test kit from someone else. I highly recommend T9.

Mike

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »

Hey Al! I just want to make sure you don't thinking I'm knocking T9 at all. It's a fantastic emulsion as you know we've loved it for the past several months. For us, it is just the interaction it has with the CTS ink as it's printing on the surface of the emulsion. If it wasn't for that, I would not have ever considered taking a test kit from someone else. I highly recommend T9.

Mike

I didn't take it that way... in fact I ordered 2 gallons from Kevin at Rivercity after reading your post!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
T9 was insanely sticky for me. According to my dehumidifier and both humidity gauges the screens were under 40% humidity they whole cycle and they were pretty much cemented to the exposure glass and literally tore the film when trying to remove it. Baby powder fixed it, but I was shocked at how sticky it was.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
Uh oh.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 04:47:22 PM »
Uh oh.

Hey Gill, you doing ok out there? I've talked with Johnny and Scrub and Johnny and his girl's homes under water, Scrub's is still ok, he's in Rayne so from what I heard yesterday his house was at least still above the water. Lot's of my friends in BR had to be rescued, homes completely under water.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
Yeah, man HIGH and dry!

My mom's two houses had 6-8" in them... but nothing devastating.

If J is still living in that same home off Borque Rd then he lives right by my partner in the bee business (well, across the coolie and road technically) and he had about 4' of water at his home.  So yeah, he'd be flooded pretty bad.  I wonder if he got out and moved his bikes and stuff.  He's kind of a procrastinator so I'm skeptic if he did. ;)