Author Topic: Adobe is running a 20% discount right now!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Adobe is running a 20% discount right now!
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
I just noticed that the upgrade for the CS Studio and possibly some other products is 20% off right now. Anybody holding off, this sounds like the good time to take advantage of it. I did see the discount once before, but it was right as they were about to upgrade to the new version. So I don't really know if they do this often, but I am under the impression that they do not.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Adobe is running a 20% discount right now!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
They just upgraded to CS5.5, so there should not be anything coming out until late next year (I hope).
This is the first time that I have seen a discount from Adobe.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »
They just upgraded to CS5.5, so there should not be anything coming out until late next year (I hope).

cool, good to know!

the official statement I read, say they will be on a two year cycle for full versions and partial upgrades the following year. 5.5 was released in June (I think) so the next full version (6.0) is due next year, most likely around June. 6.5 should be out a year after that.

Not sure how long they will stick with this plan, but that is what they released as official policy.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:52:24 PM »
I got a 15% discount on the CS5 Design Suite upgrade late last year.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
20% off I may have to upgrade. Adobe is great software. I have been using it for over 15 years and it just gets better and better. I started using Photoshop 1 version after layers was added. I just think they have got to a point where they are not adding enough tools to justify a new version. If it wasn't for Illustrator not being able to open the latest version files no one would upgrade just for the added tools. I do feel sorry for them. If everyone that has a copy of their software paid for it they would not have to keep doing these meaningless upgrades to stay in business. I am sure most of us are still 2 or 3 versions behind.

I posted this in another thread but if you’re looking for good training in their programs Totaltraining.com has amazing DVDs.

Thanks

Jon