Author Topic: what am I supposed to do with these..  (Read 7404 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: what am I supposed to do with these..
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 02:47:25 PM »
working on layout.. meeting today with more electricians. Not a single wire in the entire building.. we have to pull hundreds of feet of wire from a 400 amp panel that we have to put in. every single strand will be overhead drops. not a single line be it air or power on the floor so have to be pretty accurate of where all those drops go.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
cleaning.... 9800 SQFT of floor.. wore the F out 4 pads and 2 gallons of concentrated degreaser  :o

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 07:13:13 PM »
Looks like a great space!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »
it's been a busy week and then some.. from freight companies stacking crates on other crates to no show electrical guys..

today our iImage is up and running and we're making screens.

guess that means should order that pressure washer and all of the reclaim room equipment.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »
cleaning.... 9800 SQFT of floor.. wore the F out 4 pads and 2 gallons of concentrated degreaser  :o

Man... we really need to do this to our floors, they're so dirty!

Good luck!!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 10:08:07 PM »
Just a little update.

Took a few weeks up in the ceiling getting all the electrical, air and water lines sorted out. Having the open space on the floor and nothing in the way made that somewhat easy to move the scossor lift around. Used an entire tub of flux and spool of solder doing all the copper work. Got dirty with electrical, pulled a few runs with 6G and 3/0 wire to feed a 400amp panel on the other side of the shop. Once that was done we got the presses into place and started putting the sporty together. Took longer than expected to get the compressor so we had some time to get the folding equipment setup and work the long to do list of things left.

The compressor went in yesterday. Went with an Ingersoll Rand R11 TAS and it's super quiet. The sporty went through it's initial tuning after setup. Getting 70dz an hour dry cycle with all heads going. Each rotation on the press is 1psi on the system.

The GT3 heads start going on in the morning and we're still waiting for the gas permit to be approved.

The screen cleaning area is all ordered and will be here next week. Screens, inks, supplies and whatnot are all inbound. 

Once the gas permit approves.. we can fire the dryer and cook some shirts.. till then..

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:18:15 PM by jsheridan »

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 08:18:18 AM »
how large of piping did you run up to the ceiling and then down to your press?

also.. pics?

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 11:53:31 AM »

Gonna be honest.. losing all faith in this build and are questioning why I even did it in the first place.

this is not going well.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 10:25:00 PM »
You sound like me after I bought a house & was about halfway through renovating it (about the time I'd hope to be finished). It definitely had some frustrating points. But I finished, and I live in it now. Here's hoping things look up for you soon!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 11:08:10 AM »
To anyone who reads this and is planning a build.. lets talk city codes for a minute.

You are not a professional contractor, you are not a plumber and you are not an electrician. These are professional trades that require thousands of hours of training to acquire your license. there is a reason we have codes to follow when we build things.  These guys know about them and what needs to be done to meet these codes. You do not.

The city planning office in everytown USA is a place that an unlicensed person should never walk into. Do not go down there on your own and start asking questions about what it will take to install utilities in your newly acquired heavy industrial zoned leased building. To them, you have no idea about codes, how they work and will have every single code update thrown at you for being a normal joe off the street.  The process will be long, delayed and expensive while your building, that you're paying rent on, just sits there waiting for permits to be reviewed.

You hire these professional people, not your friends who will swing by after they finish up their normal day job. Our electrical took 3 weeks when it should have been 5 days. I gave him detailed plans for the location of the equipment that needed wired, what the volts were, what the amps where, where it was all supposed to go and he looked at it once and lost it. Asked me dozens of times where does this go, whats the amps this and what I did get.. i had to go back and fix myself as it wasn't even close to what I asked for, had to source all kinds of parts ourselves for him to install, almost dropped in a 240 delta system to power 230 Ywe equipment and I have to go label every..single..drop.. connection he made. I have no clue what breakers power what or where they are supplied from.

You hire a licensed civil engineer architect to draw up plans for everything first, not after the first permit application is denied.

Let's get some pictures of what I got so far.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:05:18 PM by jsheridan »

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »
Looking good so far John. Sounds like someone is trying to save some bread and as usual its gonna end up costing them a lot more in time lost. Good thing it ain't your dime.

I just went through a hell of a two weeks dealing with a few contractors to install my new dryer, can't imagine what a ground-up build would be like. Keep us posted.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »
You mentioned codes and my stomach turned... I wouldn't wish that BS on anyone. I once go written up because a toilet flushed too slowly.  ???

I can only imagine the frustration. Looks like you got stuff damn near ready to rock! I REALLY like the idea of the shelf at the end of the belt!! Great idea.

I imagine if you weren't trying to make a sauna in that tent all of your permits would of passed.  :P 
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »
That Sauna is the for now screen room. A 10x20 frame with black and white poly taped up light tight with a zipper opening. Put some LED light ropes inside, keep the screens under more B&W poly and the Iimage does it's thing. Great screens so far. As we progress and start to make money, we'll close it all up with walls and rooms.

As the gas instal moves one, we're getting pipe this week and up on the roof we go. In 6-8 months the roof is going to be foamed in. 8" of sealing waterproof insulation foam.. what's up there is sealed in for good. Run 1.5 from the meter to the roof. All drops down will be 1" down to the dryer(s).

While that goes on, my pre press area will start to take shape. Getting the 3/4 aluminum angle for screen cabinets this week. With $3-400 ish in materials I can make boxes that hold 15/30 screens each and stack em like legos. Put some wheels on a few, paint one side green, one red, ends yellow and blue. Carts roll into a cabinet from the floor and how you spin and place them, the colors tell you what's up.

It starts with a good pressure washer.. Bam!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 07:28:15 PM »
After that one post, I was scared for you guy.
Looks like you have a handle on things and will do fine.
Keep your nose to the grindstone and enjoy the ride.