Author Topic: In Search Of gas dryer Tech. Precision Vortex located in central Ohio.  (Read 4401 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: In Search Of gas dryer Tech. Precision Vortex located in central Ohio.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 01:13:10 PM »
that's about what our gas bill is, most of it is damn fees and such.

new gas ovens are so cheap to operate.  Ours also went down yesterday.  2nd time in 9 years and it was because we cracked the ceramic insulator on the igniter when we took it out to clean it.  The first time it went down was the blower motor failed after 6 months(it was faulty and the motor manufacturer replaced it).

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »
for anybody else reading, we are running a 60" belt that can cure 1,400 shirts in an hour. 40 hours per week is costing us $86/month in gas!

pierre

what's the oven length Pierre?

Steve

4 in and out, 8 of heat.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »
1400 an hour with 8' feet of heat sounds pretty good.  What temp is your dryer set to?  We have 12' of heat and 1400 an hour would be tough on anything but left chests but we keep our temp and belt speed low because we only have one press feeding it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »
I think fastest we ran it is around 1200. 1400 was my guess, but more than anything else, it was to prove the point about the low cost of gas. I would imagine that even at 1200 we are pushing the dryer quite a bit, probably at 375 and 25-30 seconds? Maybe even faster, I can check when back at work tomorrow if need be.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 08:16:13 PM »
No need I was just curious to see if you ran your temp much higher than us, which you don't.

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 01:55:39 PM »
For your own safety I would suggest you get the origional schematic and have this properly wired! So much for buying used!!

anyone have any leads on tracking old precison vortex schematics down?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »
For your own safety I would suggest you get the origional schematic and have this properly wired! So much for buying used!!

Just pm'd you. I have an extra copy of blue prints and a manual I can send. J
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 03:17:14 PM »
for anybody else reading, we are running a 60" belt that can cure 1,400 shirts in an hour. 40 hours per week is costing us $86/month in gas!

pierre

what's the oven length Pierre?

Steve

4 in and out, 8 of heat.

pierre

That's pretty good for 8 feet of heat. The 60" makes all the difference for loading up a belt...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »

Just pm'd you. I have an extra copy of blue prints and a manual I can send. J

THANKS HOMER!! blueprints and schematics are super handy!
even better is that I didn't need to use them!

Winston is finally back in the states (for the moment anyway) - we spent 2 hours calling back and forth yesterday and TODAY I AM RUNNING MY FIRST JOB THROUGH THE DRYER THAT HAS BEEN SQUATTING LIKE A TROLL IN THE CENTER OF MY SHOP FOR 4 MONTHS.
sorry for yelling.
THANKS WINSTON!

Turns out it wasn't my bad contractor. Wiring was as it as supposed to be - but the chance that it *wasn't* made tracing it a bit harder.
It was a toasted solenoid. That's all. One of two, so I'm running without the second one till I can get the new one in.

Will also need to install a gas pressure indicator so I can control how much gas it's attempting to use. so, little things!
I even hauled my electric dryer out of the shop immediately. Woo!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
excellent! glad it worked out, Winston bailed me out a few times on mine as well.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...