Author Topic: High Speed White on Roq  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: High Speed White on Roq
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »
We have a Roq You and generally print everything at a squeegee speed of 10, and single stroke.

For white ink we use IC Legacy
150/48 S mesh
Angle 5 degrees
Off contact 3mm
Squeegee either 55/90/55 or 70/90/70 depending on desired results/coverage

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »
How does that ink compare to the Wilflex Epic White?  I quit using the Synergy cotton white, it looked great but took three passes on the 180S.  We have switched to Epic Tiger ink and am now clearing with two strokes on a 180S.  I have some 150S mesh coming soon so I am excited for them to arrive. 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »
I've just had a conversation yesterday with an ink guy that is the R&D guy at one of these ink companies.  Doesn't matter what ink co. cuz he feels the best coverage is not so much about press setup but more about the stencil. Thicker stencil, better coverage and stroke speed.

(I think) and in sure he would agree, it's more about a combo of all these things. A good white helps all that much more.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:57:48 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »
Also a super sharp squeegee blade does wonders as well.  I've started taking the time to sharpen more often.  Most of my simulated jobs the underbase is on a 225/40 s mesh with epic white.  It's clearing with a single stroke at around 40 psi with my stroke speed set on 7 "whatever speed that is on the sportsman". 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »
Had a conversation many years ago with an ink guy..

tells me The problem isn't the ink, it's the idiot holding the bucket that makes it a problem.

The single most talked about thing in this industry is white ink..

We have a test print at the booth for shows.. it's a 45newton 102 mesh with some good detail. It's the perfect stencil printed with a constant force squeegee. I could put any white ink and make it print perfect.

the first thing everyone ask when they see my 1 hit white... what white is that?

never has anyone asked me about the stencil, or how i printed it.. I have to tell them.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 09:21:28 PM »
I'm still stuck on the 1600pcs/hr thing. Loading that must be like trying to jump on a moving train... Surely this sort of speed just puts all the staff in a state of panic?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 08:55:54 AM »
I'm still stuck on the 1600pcs/hr thing. Loading that must be like trying to jump on a moving train... Surely this sort of speed just puts all the staff in a state of panic?

I hear all of these high pc per hr numbers and the best I've ever loaded was 648 per hour but that was only for like 10 minutes.  Honestly here on darks we print at usually 400 per hr.  I am the only loader so I'm the bottle neck of the whole process.  Maybe I need to hire a woman to load since I've heard here somewhere that they do a better job.  I know it's a bit off topic but I had to spit that out.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »

I was running 92 dz an hour in 1994 on a tuned up gauntlet 6 color.. that's 1104 and hour and i felt  like i was waiting for the machine.

Fast forward to 2004 with a brand new Challenger II 14 color and with the help of rich.. he helped me tune it to 102 dz per hour.. and I then ran that machine consistently in the 90ish dzn range for a couple more years before leaving that shop.

Loading shirts isn't that hard, having a job that will run non stop for an hour or more.. that's the hard part.

the most i've loaded in an hour was 1216 and the most in a 24 hr period was 10,001. (22 hrs and it was at mirror image when the red sox won the series. to this day my left knee still feels that day)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:49:44 AM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 10:18:59 AM »
So far my top speed on our GT3 has been 1164 per hour for a couple hours, then back down to 1000, then tap out for Niki to jump in. The machine can run waaay faster than that,  but honestly,  I don't see how to maintain perfect loads and qc by the puller much faster. We ran a stickee lint screen and 150s mesh for a nice deposit. I tell you what, that will kick one's arse quick lol, but when you have pallets of shirts and a short short deadline, let adrenaline take over lol.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 03:34:54 AM »
That's incredible. Is this volume managed with 1 loader, 1 puller and 1 catcher?

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
Since the gallery is screaming that you cannot print fast sheering ink on a roq due to the single pivot squeegee I figured a quick video would prove otherwise. Nothing special here, standard block style print using good mesh, good ink(new wilflex white from ryonet), good blades, proper off contact, etc....... I only have one operator on the press so the indexing is delayed otherwise this print would run 1000+ pcs per hour easily.

Squeegee speed is maxed out on both the underbase and the top white.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKta7elgzTU/?taken-by=denverprinthouse

What EOM are you coating that screen at?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »
Since the gallery is screaming that you cannot print fast sheering ink on a roq due to the single pivot squeegee I figured a quick video would prove otherwise. Nothing special here, standard block style print using good mesh, good ink(new wilflex white from ryonet), good blades, proper off contact, etc....... I only have one operator on the press so the indexing is delayed otherwise this print would run 1000+ pcs per hour easily.

Squeegee speed is maxed out on both the underbase and the top white.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKta7elgzTU/?taken-by=denverprinthouse

What EOM are you coating that screen at?

25%

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse