Author Topic: An enjoyable Saturday! Lol  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
An enjoyable Saturday! Lol
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »
This is for those of you that have the rocket launcher or a Epson 7900 in general.  I just took the day to replace the Capping Station/Cleaning unit and Selector unit with dampers.  It took me most of the day and I'd just assume take a a@@ whipping then do it again.  It did fire up and print after I finished so I'm happy with that especially with it being an epson.  I had to do it because the nearest epson tech is 110 miles away and when I called they told me they would try but they had never worked on the 7900 before which scared me.  Maybe I can get a couple more years out of it before something smaller and better takes it's place. 

If any of you ever decide to tackle this for yourselves just get ready to work in tight spots especially on the selector unit.  Other than that it's just a slow tedious process.  Just had to share. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: An enjoyable Saturday! Lol
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »
This is for those of you that have the rocket launcher or a Epson 7900 in general.  I just took the day to replace the Capping Station/Cleaning unit and Selector unit with dampers.  It took me most of the day and I'd just assume take a a@@ whipping then do it again.  It did fire up and print after I finished so I'm happy with that especially with it being an epson.  I had to do it because the nearest epson tech is 110 miles away and when I called they told me they would try but they had never worked on the 7900 before which scared me.  Maybe I can get a couple more years out of it before something smaller and better takes it's place. 

If any of you ever decide to tackle this for yourselves just get ready to work in tight spots especially on the selector unit.  Other than that it's just a slow tedious process.  Just had to share.
Isn't it just grand??? ;) I've swapped a few things out in mine basically just for cleaning and maintenance. Pretty sure I can replace the print heads by memory now  :P
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 07:20:44 PM »
Hey Alex, good to know about the printhead.  I may have to give you a shout when it's time for me to do that.  Do you have the software needed to put the ranking in?  I know I'll need that for sure.

Yeah replacing the selector unit is like playing a very sophisticated game of operation.  You definitely need a long magnetic phillips to hang on to those screws until you are able to line the screws up to the holes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:24:27 PM by Doug S »

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:32:05 PM »
You definitely need a long magnetic phillips to hang on to those screws until you are able to line the screws up to the holes.

What I wouldn't give for a #1 long shank Phillips! You can't find them anywhere!!!!!

No clue what you're talking about for a program to run though
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:35:01 PM by TCT »
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:02:50 AM »
All I know is that you are supposed to type in the numbers off of the new printhead after installing it.  I guess you need a program to do it.  I haven't found anywhere in the epson control panel to do it. 

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »
I think you're thinking of the adjustment wizard?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
I think you're thinking of the adjustment wizard?

I also go by Alex....   ;D ;D  :P
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 01:41:24 PM »
You definitely need a long magnetic phillips to hang on to those screws until you are able to line the screws up to the holes.

What I wouldn't give for a #1 long shank Phillips! You can't find them anywhere!!!!!

No clue what you're talking about for a program to run though

This one has reviews that say it's magnetic, but not very strong.
There are plenty of others that either say not magnetic, or it doesn't get addressed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
Take a magnet and stick it to your regular screwdriver if you have one
Rich Hoffman

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
are we forgetting basic 6th grade science class?

just take a magnet and run it in one direction on a metal screwdriver several times and it will make it magnetic.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »

just take a magnet and run it in one direction on a metal screwdriver several times and it will make it magnetic.

You must not have attended public school in south Louisiana!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 11:46:59 AM »

yes permanently magnetic. Just attach it and when removed it will revert back to non magnetic. And who said I made it to 6th? I am from West Virginia!
Rich Hoffman

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »

yes permanently magnetic. Just attach it and when removed it will revert back to non magnetic. And who said I made it to 6th? I am from West Virginia!

Then you probably had a couple of kids by then, and had to work...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't