Author Topic: The Beatles  (Read 1068 times)

Offline shirtz

The Beatles
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:29:10 PM »
Have a local High School band that wants us to print a hundred Beatles themed shirts. Not sure If we should?

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: The Beatles
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »
if you don't, someone else will, just saying.  not saying its right, but for a high school band theme, doubt you will see any trouble.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »
If it's copyrighted imagery or content, the answer is always no.
Sure, someone else will always do it.  But if/when the hammer comes down, it's always in your best interest to not be the one under it.  No High School band is worth risking my business for.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:19:07 PM »
If it's copyrighted imagery or content, the answer is always no.
Sure, someone else will always do it.  But if/when the hammer comes down, it's always in your best interest to not be the one under it.  No High School band is worth risking my business for.

^^^^^^^^he is right.  Lots of times High School Bands buy license for the year that allows them to use logos for their theme.  Question the band director.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline shirtz

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 05:35:06 AM »
Thanks I will. We do have a school that receives rights every year for another licensed name.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
We do licensed stuff like school plays, the package to the school contains graphics they can use for signage and t-shirts, for a limited time. So if it's the school band, they may be able to get that permission, but if they are a band in high school (not the marching band, but a garage band) there issues there. Remember, it's the printer's fault if they print copyrighted material...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't