Author Topic: Safety Cable Broken?  (Read 788 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Safety Cable Broken?
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:33:23 AM »
The safety cable between head 1 and 2 is broken on our Sabre.  Seems like the break is just before the magnetic end.  Can I safely just cut that off and splice it until a new one arrives, or is there some way to just bypass the safety cables for a few days?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Safety Cable Broken?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
yes.....yes you can...... :-X
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »
Just a 24v dc signal going through there.

Could probably just take the high side to ground on the first or last head and bypass it all.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
We ended up removing the broken link and unscrewing enough other cables to basically just connect heads 1 and 2 over the center of the press. Not "safe" but kept the press spinning until the new piece arrives.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 01:22:40 PM »
We ended up removing the broken link and unscrewing enough other cables to basically just connect heads 1 and 2 over the center of the press. Not "safe" but kept the press spinning until the new piece arrives.

With a crew of any experience they know better than to get the middle of the press, even at idle, unless the indexer is disengaged.  I wouldn't run it regularly that way, but it's a fine fix until the parts come in.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »

With a crew of any experience they know better than to get the middle of the press, even at idle, unless the indexer is disengaged.  I wouldn't run it regularly that way, but it's a fine fix until the parts come in.

Sabre's servo is never engaged unless it's turning.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
My crew is fine, but we have a lot of other staff who are clueless about production and they will occasionally filter by the press. That's who I worry about, lol.