Author Topic: Saati Lazer Exposure unit.  (Read 16180 times)

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Saati Lazer Exposure unit.
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »
The Saati laser looks pretty impressive. They were selling them for 77K at the show not 90. I haven't run the math but it is complicated.  Some considerable cost savings as no expensive head replacements like DTS always need, no consumables, one step process and simplifying our processes always saves labor dollars, and no bulbs to buy or to figure out if they need replacing. That all is before we all figure out if this technology exposes superior screens, which it appears to do.

The only other thing I'll say is that if dealing with Saati, I feel better than I would with some other companies because they never try to BS me and they stand by their products and equipment. They even were extremely helpful to me when I reclaiming power washer was broken and it turned out to totally be our fault from a building wiring issue.

We asked a lot of questions and they seemed to have solid answers about this unit. We still use film and we are thinking of leapfrogging over DTS to the laser.

The screens I saw from it were far superior to an inkjet DTS.  If I was thinking about spending $40k on a new DTS, I would have to look long and hard at the Saati unit.
So you would spend $77k on this?   Where did the $40k come from?

Anyone know anyone actually printing with this unit?  The one shop I know that has it can’t use it because the emulsion breaks down after 200 impressions and apparently even post exposing doesn’t fix it. 

Do you have to use a specific or proprietary emulsion with it did they say?

Post exposure doesn't fix it?  Sounds more like an emulsion issue...?  What are they using?  Potentially a dual cure if post exposure does nothing.

A lot of printers don't understand the limits of the emulsions they work with.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
If it's the shop I think it is, I think they've fixed the issue.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »
I'm crunched on time right now but  it's been one of those r&d projects where we fix one thing that then creates another issue. Again I think the machine is great for a lot of applications out there but for someone moving from dts to laser there's many items that need to be addressed because we've actually gone backwards in certain areas. I'm a very tough critic when it comes to equipment like this so issues that I am finding with the laser 95% of other shops probably wouldn't blink an eye. The way that I look at the laser is for the price tag it better do everything my dts can do and do it better which right now theres a handful of items on my list the laser cannot do that the dts can. We are still working on the laser everyday as I do believe this technology is where we will eventually be but for us to convert over to it here the machine IMO still has a ways to go(for my shop - again your shop it might be the best thing ever in)

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
Care to elaborate a bit on some of the more major issues you are seeing Danny?

Whats the biggest faults you see so far?

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:01 PM »
Care to elaborate a bit on some of the more major issues you are seeing Danny?

Whats the biggest faults you see so far?
I heard the laser he was testing reacted with the thread he was testing which reacted with the emulsion he was testing which reacted with the ink he was testing which reacted with with squeegee rubber he was testing which reacted with the reclaimer he was using which reacted with the dehazer he using.

Offline phatat2

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »
hey heard you guys had questions about the saati Lts 6080 i a tech for this machine fire away with the question
here are some things i can tell you about it .it has 96 lazers that pass back and fourth to burn the image directly on the screen useing 110volt for machine and a 110 volt for laptop it can burn image a screen as quick as 2mins and 30 sec depending on emultion and mesh count of course the lazers are rated for 10,000 working hours if you do the math that 3.5 years at 8 soild hours a day any questions let me know

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2018, 02:45:44 PM »
Actually, this particular thread is pretty old.
What came up today was the Saati LED replacement for a point light source.
and the main issue was finding this elusive gem on the darn website!
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,23215.msg208554/topicseen.html#new

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:21:59 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?