Author Topic: Plastisol White Between a Lo Bleed and Performance  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Plastisol White Between a Lo Bleed and Performance
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 06:37:22 AM »
Versamax White from One Stroke does a good job on anything poly or poly blend. Only reason I don't like it as much is because I don't seem to get the same fiber matte down as other inks. I ran a job on black Gildan DryBlends with synergy poly last week and they bled horribly. I'm pretty sure that was my own fault though - probably running my dryer to hot or kept it in there too long. One Stroke has been proven dummy proof for the most part for me.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »
I know Zoo asked for a normal temp ink the first post, but for anyone interested:
We just tried out One Stroke's ELT-S series, printing white & black on NL 6010 red. Results were good. We were able to keep cure temps well under 320 (stayed around 300). Cure was good (passed stretch & wash test fine). For opacity on white (large block text), print-flash-print was required. (We were using 110 standard mesh, 70 duro squeegees, manual press.) Print still had a reasonably light, flexible hand, with a LOT of stretch.

After 72 hours, no bleeding was observed... but this red hasn't been on of our bleeders in the past, either.

And in related news: Since my last rant about these shirts, we've had yet another batch of NL 6010 triblend (vintage navy this time) start discoloring/darkening under heat. Surface temp peaked only in the mid 330's. For us, the low temp ink is getting these out the door, but it's hardly comforting that one of our most popular sellers apparently can't be reliably printed with our standard inks & print procedures.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 08:16:56 AM »
I have noticed a difference in the quick white all the way around this last 10 gallons we have. We now run a barrier base instead of poly whites then run the quick white on top. The results are excellent.

This is the answer we have arrived upon aswell!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »
Ugh, I had contacted Steve Hedge at Wilflex immediately after the issue and at that time he said there were no other reports from that batch.  Sorry to hear that it might be an ink + fabric dye combo deal causing this.  We'll miss Quick White, served us well for many years.

IC's legacy white would be a potential drop in but the consistency isn't there.  We keep a gallon of a "good" batch on hand for the rare job where quick doesn't run well and it's pretty good stuff.

A gallon of Onestroke's Comfort Fast Flash White is on it's way to us.  Looking forward to checking it out, claims to be superior for mat down.  Anyone tried?

Rstefanick, what barrier base is running well for you? 

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »
I am a fan of One Strokes Digital Black.

It can go through higher meshes easily fyi.

We did a test of sanmars st370 camo hex stuff.  p/f/p of the barrier black and p/f/p of the .357 cured at 330.  No bleed whatsoever.  That camo hex was showing through shirts printed with Barrier Grey and .357

Internally: All poly is switching over to ELT-S.  With Digital Black for bad bleeders.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »
Colin, we ran the camo hex shirts with ELT black, flash, 357 white, flash then top color and there was ZERO bleed.  I was AMAZED.  I thought for sure we needed two hits of ELT since that's what we were told.

I warned the customer too about it, and for nothing it turns out.  But at least they were aware.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 08:22:48 PM »
The screen I had was a standard 150.  So to hedge my bets (since volume of deposit = better bleed) I did a p/f/p of the black. 

Good to hear less works out!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
ours was a standard 155 as well.  I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »
A gallon of Onestroke's Comfort Fast Flash White is on it's way to us.  Looking forward to checking it out, claims to be superior for mat down.  Anyone tried?

We tried one of their little sample sizes on a few shirts, just to see what the ink was like. The print & feel were good, but didn't strike me as better than other good whites. I don't recall what type of shirts, so nothing to share on solving migration problems or mat down. All I can say is that it lived up to it's name. For us, the flash time was less forgiving than we're used to - very little time between "not even gelled" and "completely dry."
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »
Resurrecting this thread.

We tried the OneStroke product and while FastFlash White lives up to it's name and did block dye migration on the 60/40 fabric it has a pretty rough/brittle hand.   We pride ourselves on doing plastisol "right" and having prints, even solid fill areas feel smooth and soft v. sandpaper like. 

So the search continues for an ink that is as opaque and rubbery/soft as Quick White but has more bleed resistance and cures like a std plastisol. 

Wilflex is working on a product that fits this bill but we're getting tired of running Performance White on Ts that it should be (used to be) absolute overkill on.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »
Have you tried their 357 white?  It has a pretty good hand.  We tried the Fast Flash white and decided it wasn't worth stocking another white for when their 357 does a better job anyway.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
Have you tried their 357 white?  It has a pretty good hand.  We tried the Fast Flash white and decided it wasn't worth stocking another white for when their 357 does a better job anyway.

We kind of called it after the FF white.  It's good ink but it doesn't outperform the wilflex product and exculsive shipping from KY ain't the best for us out here in the West.  Great company though.  This was Gary's recommendation for us based off our needs so I'm thinking that it's going to be a waste of time to keep trialing the other versions.   

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
After printing with 357 white, almost any other universal white is a waste of time for us.

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 12:58:27 AM »
We use Rutland endurance white on tri and 50/50  garments. Decent hand and haven't had any bleeding issues. Designed to cure up to 330 according to the tds.
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net