Author Topic: Big thank you to Rich (244) and the folks at M&R  (Read 5550 times)

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Big thank you to Rich (244) and the folks at M&R
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 03:08:29 PM »
Just back up REAL fast and hit the brakes. Off the truck just like that.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 09:32:32 PM »
One..  behind the wheel of a 5 ton forklift with 8-foot Forks
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »

And that would be a perfectly logical answer until you realize that the crate at the far front of the trailer is too long for your pallet jack, and the 5 ton forklift with 8 foot forks is on the ground unable to get into the trailer due to a lack of dock height at the shop.  At which point the "roll the crate on metal pipes three feet at a time" method is employed, making the answer to the question: 4 screen printers (and a truck driver).

Looking back, Dave's answer would have probably made things a bit easier. But at least now I know how the pyramids were built.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:36 AM »
Tie a tow strap around the base of the crate and drag backwards with forklift, then lift out once at the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline BorisB

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
Tie a tow strap around the base of the crate and drag backwards with forklift, then lift out once at the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That!

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »

Keep in mind, these are SCREEN PRINTERS we're talking about. Doing things the hard way is second nature.   ;D
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
Then you should make sure your dock door is one inch to narrow for the crate to fit through.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 09:26:34 AM »

And that would be a perfectly logical answer until you realize that the crate at the far front of the trailer is too long for your pallet jack, and the 5 ton forklift with 8 foot forks is on the ground unable to get into the trailer due to a lack of dock height at the shop.  At which point the "roll the crate on metal pipes three feet at a time" method is employed, making the answer to the question: 4 screen printers (and a truck driver).

Looking back, Dave's answer would have probably made things a bit easier. But at least now I know how the pyramids were built.

I so feel your pain.. they put the base of our Gantlet 3 at the nose of the truck.. and the heads right behind it.. we had to drag every.. single.. crate.. out with  a strap.. took us 5 hours to unload 1 truck..

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Buildings with SEMI bays, for the win!  ;D ;D
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »
we have 4 bays with load levelers that lead to a shared hallway behind all the units.

the base to our sportsman fit down the hall with literally an inch or so on either side to spare.

we have used the dock a bunch of times for other equipment as well as orders, it makes life so easy that I would never have a building again that didn't have at least 1 truck level dock.

Thanks to Rich for strongly recommending we look for a building with a dock.

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »
Then you should make sure your dock door is one inch to narrow for the crate to fit through.

ohhhh ohhh! that's me! apparently 5' wide dryers are much much wider than that. who would have thought? had to remove a wall. and put it back.

i love the pipes move.

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:04 AM »
Jason!!! Watch out for the fire alarm!!!
Barth Gimble

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 11:55:02 AM »

I so feel your pain.. they put the base of our Gantlet 3 at the nose of the truck.. and the heads right behind it.. we had to drag every.. single.. crate.. out with  a strap.. took us 5 hours to unload 1 truck..

We had to have a dam tow truck pull our 14/16 GT3 base off the semi and lower it in ever so smoothly into the shop because the forklift couldn't handle that big bad mamajamma!

https://youtu.be/YXotvxljJd4
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 04:03:31 PM »
How many utility companies canceling does it take to not fire up the dryer the day it gets installed?  Hint: The electrician was here yesterday and I have nothing but nice things to say about him.

Also big thanks to our M&R tech, Tony Vacca for running the install like a champ.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »
That blue fits in your shop really well.
These three thousands are beautiful