Author Topic: Sand paper ink feel wanted  (Read 2531 times)

Offline AAMike

Re: Sand paper ink feel wanted
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »
Out of all the dry glitter applications, sugar glitter has worked the best for me when it comes to sticking. It makes a mess but it does stick well to wet gel. There used to be something called thermoline clear from rutland I think. It was a little thicker than pancake syrup.  This is want I printed and left wet on top of the design. I would make a glitter screen on 40m with the design burned on it. I would use on old squeegee back and forth twice to sift the glitter. quarter inch or more off contact.  After the cure, air hose. I will never use dry flake again, because of the mess, but when I did, this was the method.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 12:30:02 PM »
Out of all the dry glitter applications, sugar glitter has worked the best for me when it comes to sticking. It makes a mess but it does stick well to wet gel. There used to be something called thermoline clear from rutland I think. It was a little thicker than pancake syrup.  This is want I printed and left wet on top of the design. I would make a glitter screen on 40m with the design burned on it. I would use on old squeegee back and forth twice to sift the glitter. quarter inch or more off contact.  After the cure, air hose. I will never use dry flake again, because of the mess, but when I did, this was the method.

That's the method where you get lots of flake washing off...
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prints Charming

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »
I saw something like that at wilflex booth last year at the iss show.
Randy Wilbanks 361-533-0593 Prints Charming Royal Tees corpus Christi Texas

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
Classic company name and icon.

Wish I had thought of something like that :)
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers