Author Topic: First CMYK Job  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: First CMYK Job
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
We run plastisol base with plastisol CMYK (+ 2 white) frequently enough, but would never try it on a manual again, because of the color shifting. A human can't print each color with the same pressure, angle and speed, so each shirt looks a little different, so yes, wait for that auto to get setup...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 12:31:56 AM »
A few recommendations for discharge base.
Are you using a water based discharge for the base?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline jwcarder

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:38 PM »
I haven't done any waterbase printing before. Was thinking about using Union's plasticharge.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 11:55:10 PM »
Another vote for discharge base if possible. We also add 15% discharge white to our base. Our base screen is in halftones like a sim process print.
We also prefer the 3x strength Union true tone process inks when printing on black or color shirts, they make it much easier to get a more vibrant print.  Depending on the seps and the design , you can always switch down to the normal strength inks if the print is over saturated.
We will also add in the highlight white last.
We print manual as well and the tough thing is keeping your print stroke consistent every time. Team printing can help with this. If you have a second printer or even just someone that can load and unload shirts on press for you, you can set it up so that you only print continusly and it well help get into a rhythm of consistent print strokes.

Lets switch a bit and say this was going to be a 6 color plastisol on black shirts. 

Would you be targeting a clear discharge base, quick flash and 6 colors WOW on top, or??
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers