Author Topic: Well, I got a job.  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
Re: Well, I got a job.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »
congrats!

and, more selfishly - do you know yet how this will affect your time/willingness to sep outside art?  :P

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 02:23:59 PM »
congrats!

and, more selfishly - do you know yet how this will affect your time/willingness to sep outside art?  :P

I will still be servicing my current customers when thy need something, and will let them know if I'm already too stacked for the night/few days and we can work out a timeline. If they need it right away, It's best to use someone else for those jobs.

I also won't be taking on new first time customers. That should keep me plenty busy with the decrease in day time availability.

Thanks everyone, for the support!!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 04:46:38 PM »
Good Luck Dan!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 05:47:57 PM »
Whats the company if you care to share?
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »
I'm going to keep that under my hat due to the fact that the last Co. that kicked me to the curb, is in the same town here and that guy has been lurking on here to see what I say about him in case I breach his 2 year non disclosure/non compete contract. He doesn't want me to say bad things about him or spread his "operational secrets". He's already threatened me because I said on here that they use 156 mesh for all bases. LOL. TOP SECRET stuff there so he thinks.

So I'd rather just have him not know where I"m at for now. If he's stupid enough to not want to improve his Co and chooses firing his only person that has the knowledge and interested in doing so, then he's also stupid enough to cause additional problems somewhere down the line with my new Co. Can't trust those types.

It's a contract that really shouldn't need to upheld, considering he didn't uphold his end of our agreement of employment and duties.  I don't know how he can hold me to a 2 year non diclosure/non compete if he only gave me 2 wks of employment. I don't really care tho. No reason for anyone to know the bad processes they have there. It's not like I'm going to pass that on to other people to use. LOL.

That's the way the ball bounces at times. I know non competes and non disclosure are not worth the weight of the paper it's written on, but hey, I don't rock boats non the less.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:54 AM »
sometimes, rocking the boat is what fixes things. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »

pierre

Ha. well yes,  but the funny thing is with that other Co.  I just got in the boat ...and it was rocked too much for them. LOL. So the more I avoid them, the better.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »
2 year non disclosure/non compete, why in west hell would you sign some chit like that for, ain't like you had any stake in the company and like you said you where there only two weeks, plus you were just an employee F him.  what can he say bad about you, oh he tried to better our company!!!! and we let him go because we are happy like we are, your a good man Dan O!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 04:58:24 PM »

i have never not rocked the boat..

Does he really think using a 156 mesh for base is a TRADE SECRET... BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wipe your ass with the non compete and mail it back to him.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »
you may want to check the laws.

In most states, non-competes/NDAs are un-enforcable if the company terminates you.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 08:51:46 PM »
156 is a crap mesh.  worst trade secret in history.  I'll take a 150S or 180S over that any day...