Author Topic: i-Image STE  (Read 5611 times)

Offline joanne

i-Image STE
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:00 PM »
I'm having trouble in ripping file in .eps format. I supplied a block image with a overprint font, but it came out as a reverse in i-Image. Please help me out in dealing with this kind of problem, most of our artwork has a block image underneath. Any suggestion will be appreciated.  Thank you in advance :)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: i-Image STE
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:59:32 PM »
You've come to the right place. :)

I need to ask,  is the block representing garment color or is it part of a background art?

I assume your are saying that the font came out knocking out of the background when you wanted the background as solid correct?
Try telling both elements to overprint.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:15:38 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline joanne

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 03:18:35 PM »
The block is not a garment color, it's part of the artwork.
I supplied a .AI file (.eps format), I have a block artwork in the layers, but in i-Image it automatically reversing the font on the block background.
What should I do? is there any technique that you can share with me to avoid this from happening?

Thank you so much :)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 03:31:58 PM »
I think something is lost in translation. Review the attached image above and see how your artwork is set up. Make sure to tell each art element to overprint. (Select the item, then go to windows, Attributes...and select the FILL check box). Do this for the bottom box art also.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline joanne

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
Thank you so much Dottonedan.
I checked the overprint before saving the file and now it's not reversing automatically after rip.  :)

Offline joanne

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »
I used Separation Studio in my complicated artwork to do the separation, but I need to place a word in some of the color/channel. I tried to use illustrator but it's not opening.
I tried "place" and checked the link so that I can open the DSC 2.0 eps format, but the problem is it's just 1 separation/channel, I can't ungroup it, even though it was composed of 6 colour/set-up.

I'm just new in this t-shirt printing, please help me out.
Thank you in advance

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 08:45:19 PM »
Create the artwork with the text in Illustrator/Photoshop , and then open it Separation studio. Sep studio is not for creating artwork, .AI + .PSD are.

Cheers!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »
I used Separation Studio in my complicated artwork to do the separation, but I need to place a word in some of the color/channel. I tried to use illustrator but it's not opening.
I tried "place" and checked the link so that I can open the DSC 2.0 eps format, but the problem is it's just 1 separation/channel, I can't ungroup it, even though it was composed of 6 colour/set-up.

I'm just new in this t-shirt printing, please help me out.
Thank you in advance

For working with multiple color sep DCS2 files in Illustrator, you jsut create the vector type and then color it one of the spot colors. The colors used in your sep Studio file will also show up in the SWATCH color list as custom spot colors.

Type your item, then go to swatches and asign it one of the custom colors in your art file. It should be as simple as that.

Another method, is (if) you want to have each color as a separate element, then open the sep file in Photoshop, do a SAVE AS DCS2....but in this case, you would save as DCS2 MULTIPLE FILE. The color options B/W of COLOR is not important but you should be able to save as MULTIPLE channels files and then save them into a folder.

Then, LINK each one of them into Illy.  Now, you can change up the order and select an individual sep. and add type to that...and set another sep over top of it or something if you like.

see below image.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
Create the artwork with the text in Illustrator/Photoshop , and then open it Separation studio. Sep studio is not for creating artwork, .AI + .PSD are.

Cheers!

Also correct.  Thanks.

Offline joanne

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »
Is there any possible way to merge Black Sharper channel to the Skeletal and detailed black in Separation Studio or Photoshop? So I just need to process 1 screen for all the black? or it's a terrible idea?
Thank you in advance.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 08:30:54 AM »
Image menu, Calculations; choose the two channels you want to merge, and it will make a new, merged channel...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
The I-Image is so precise, Ive even printed two channels with different information, on the same screen in two passes haha

Offline joanne

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »
Image menu, Calculations; choose the two channels you want to merge, and it will make a new, merged channel...

Steve

Hello Steve, thank you for the advise.
I'm just a little bit confused, where can I do this, is it on the Separation Studio or somewhere else?

Offline joanne

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »

Steve

I'm just a little bit confused, where can I do this, is it on the Separation Studio or somewhere else?

I get it now in Photoshop.
Thank you for the support, really need to explore more in this industry.

Sorry for my "silly questions" :)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 10:11:48 AM »

Steve

I get it now in Photoshop.
Thank you for the support, really need to explore more in this industry.

Sorry for my "silly questions" :)

There are no "silly" questions, unless of course you ask again next week, LOL. Don't worry about it, we all love to share knowledge here, it's a really great place to hang...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't