Author Topic: Question - what width pallet paper are you using.  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Lizard

Re: Question - what width pallet paper are you using.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 06:20:19 PM »
16"
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 07:22:23 PM »
18" rough cut around the 16" pallet and wrap the excess around. Only 1 cut, smooth, wrap and done. If it starts to peel trim it as your printing where it's lifting. This has been the fastest for us. Some sort of auto pallet tape applicator would be sweet. Roll it push a button and it slaps it on. We change pallet tape pretty frequently that would sure help.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 07:36:53 PM »
18" rough cut around the 16" pallet and wrap the excess around. Only 1 cut, smooth, wrap and done. If it starts to peel trim it as your printing where it's lifting. This has been the fastest for us. Some sort of auto pallet tape applicator would be sweet. Roll it push a button and it slaps it on. We change pallet tape pretty frequently that would sure help.

yes please
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 11:14:32 PM »
I think ours  is 24" but we put it in sideways, left to right  and NOT FRONT TO BACK.
this way we use one size roll for all the different pallet sizes, just pull it across and cut it flush with the edge of the pallet.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Action1

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »

Thanks much Danny - agreed, it's an excellent idea.

Offline Action1

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 09:11:48 AM »
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We are  completing several development projects in preparation for Long Beach Show.

Offline TH Apparel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »
16" here also.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
Since we go through the 16" so much as that's our main day to day board, we like to lessen the slice time to just front and end of board by using tape exact width, saves a lot of time if we have a week with several tape changes.

Okay so my guys try and get me on board with that but then I see them spending more time (as in seven seconds) getting the paper perfectly aligned to the pallet
than it takes to just cut it. I tell them that and yet still they do it haha.

FWIW we use:

6"
12"
16"
18"
22"

and soon to be

36"

Yeah, it's a lot to keep stock on. Which reminds me...

I was taught a way to start the tape at the top of the board, and then pull the roll, easy to teach, and very fast, as fast as one can pull the tape on the roll without tearing it, and boom. Been doing this now about 9 or so years. we used to wrap it around and all that, but eventually lint from the shirts moving on and off gets under and it starts to pull. The way we do it, we never have an issue with it wanting to peel off. Going to a 16 station machine added more time, obviously lol, but a quick run of a vinyl applicator squeegee in the top and bottom notch of the pallet rubber meeting the  metal and then razor, actually faster than folding ends and sides, at least it is for us. everyone has their preferred way I guess. Different tapes make it easier or harder too. I really like the Elite pallet tape/application tape from tublelite.

As I finished this I realized from knowing what the Roq pallets are like, you can't use this technique on them as they don't have that rubber on top with the notch to press in and cut to, so Obviously the wrap around technique would be the best on those having smooth rounded type sides and underside. I guess the trick is getting those pesky corners clean so that shirts doing drag on them. I'm sure the roq guys have figured something out that have been running them a while now.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:58:59 AM by screenprintguy »
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 10:41:01 AM »
We use 18" for our 16 wide pallets same reason as Danny we fold the excess under...
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 12:04:33 PM »

I was taught a way to start the tape at the top of the board, and then pull the roll, easy to teach, and very fast, as fast as one can pull the tape on the roll without tearing it, and boom. Been doing this now about 9 or so years. we used to wrap it around and all that, but eventually lint from the shirts moving on and off gets under and it starts to pull. The way we do it, we never have an issue with it wanting to peel off. Going to a 16 station machine added more time, obviously lol, but a quick run of a vinyl applicator squeegee in the top and bottom notch of the pallet rubber meeting the  metal and then razor, actually faster than folding ends and sides, at least it is for us. everyone has their preferred way I guess. Different tapes make it easier or harder too. I really like the Elite pallet tape/application tape from tublelite.

As I finished this I realized from knowing what the Roq pallets are like, you can't use this technique on them as they don't have that rubber on top with the notch to press in and cut to, so Obviously the wrap around technique would be the best on those having smooth rounded type sides and underside. I guess the trick is getting those pesky corners clean so that shirts doing drag on them. I'm sure the roq guys have figured something out that have been running them a while now.

Yep, same way. I've done cut vinyl signs before so there's some similarity there....

On our MHM's we trim to the edge, Roq we fold under. MHM has slightly beveled edge and Roq doesn't.
Always hated catching the edge of paper but if you fold the long sides first and short second it's not an issue.
And if it is you tear it off and continue on your merry way.

Offline Action1

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »

yes please

Thanks Eric.