Author Topic: My new toy  (Read 2122 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
My new toy
« on: December 05, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »
After driving a Camry for 7 years I got a full sized van again.  I just love the utility aspect of them.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: My new toy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:35:21 PM »
Thought you were getting a new press instead?  nice van by the way
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »
We were looking at either.  Our press still has plenty of life, we just had a problem that turns out wasn't fixed correctly the first and second time.  It's running like a champ and holding registration perfectly.

We are probably going to grab a press next year.  We couldn't haul all the kids in my car with all the car seats, and I just can't bring myself to get a minivan.  I need something I can put plywood or sheetrock in.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »
time for more kids.  ;D

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 03:12:41 PM »
That is bigger than some shops on here.

You are a 1%er. LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline redwoodtees

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »
Congratulations! I'm planning to buy a van in 2017 (probably not a shiny new one though..). If you have any good or bad things to say about the Nissan I'd love to hear them. Seems like they are a bit cheaper than the Ford Transit, which is what I've mainly been looking at.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:56 AM »
I shopped all of them.  Including the Mercedes Metris(more like a minivan) but has a turbo charged i4. 

We went with the nissan for a few reasons:

Towing, it can haul about 50% more than the Transit and double what the Ram ProMaster can tow.

Air conditioning, it has rear controls and vents, the Transit we looked at had neither, it relied on the front air to cool the back seat passengers, and in the south in the summer that won't work.

It's also got a 5 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and the same for the drivetrain.  The ford and ram are around 3 year/36,000 I think.  It's a nissan, I doubt we will use it much.  Also, it has 24 months of maintenance included.

Downsides:
The rear seats don't recline or fold forward.  There is literally no adjustments on them.  If you need to haul stuff they have to come out.

You get less cargo space because of the front being so big.  The advantage to that is more space in the front 2 seats for legroom and such.

I am glad we went with this one, I shopped and shopped to find

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »
I was just about to say something about need the third row for the kids, but you beat me to it. We are looking at a Q7, probably next year. Mother in Law is with us few months a year and it's tight in the back of a sedan when we all have to go somewhere. . .

That looks like a beast! And a dual purpose too! Pretty cool! Bringing it up to Atlantic City?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 12:52:13 PM »
I was just about to say something about need the third row for the kids, but you beat me to it. We are looking at a Q7, probably next year. Mother in Law is with us few months a year and it's tight in the back of a sedan when we all have to go somewhere. . .

That looks like a beast! And a dual purpose too! Pretty cool! Bringing it up to Atlantic City?

pierre

What's nice is being able to move around on long trips. 

I might bring it up there, my in-laws live in Philly, so we could make it a family trip.

The picture doesn't fully do it justice, it's a full foot taller than me.

Offline redwoodtees

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »
The picture doesn't fully do it justice, it's a full foot taller than me.

And that's the "Low roof" version!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 08:12:32 AM »
Congrats!
The only thing that bothers me on those vans is that frigging looooong snout.
I think they would look much nicer if they could make it a bit shorter. At least by a foot.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »
as long as I can drive it like this, I'm good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJhIN4gc2wc