Author Topic: One Stroke Inks new ink  (Read 14250 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: One Stroke Inks new ink
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 09:40:05 AM »
Just got off the phone with One Stroke, thanks Tom for the pic that's what I'm looking for printed feedback, I would love to replace my DC inks with this ink because of the limits garments and disadvantage of my shops setup to run DC. Also Tom what about the drying in the screens? does it really act like a plastisol and you leave it and come back with no worry.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:12:41 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »
Also Tom what about the drying in the screens? does it really act like a plastisol and you leave it and come back with worry.

No drying in the screens. Has a consistency slightly thicker then process ink. All colors were printed through 300 s-mesh. White was hit twice while wet, flashed, then the last three wet on wet.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »

No drying in the screens. Has a consistency slightly thicker then process ink. All colors were printed through 300 s-mesh. White was hit twice while wet, flashed, then the last three wet on wet.

Did you print the white underneath anything other colors, or was that to it clean where white butted up against other colors?
If you printed on top of the white, how'd that go? Still super soft? Good texture?
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »
Prince Art, none of the colors were underbased.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 10:32:02 PM »
Yeah, didn't really expect so on sand tees. Still, curious what these ink would do if underbased, or used as an underbase. (I know they're intended to be printed w-o-w.)
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
Just ordered One Strokes sample kit of water color inks, so once it gets here I'll see what it's all about or I've just tossed a little money away, but hoping it will take the place of some DC inks.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »
It won't replace discharge.  We ran a couple jobs with it.  It has it's place.  We are doing some on Next Level's heavy metal.  I will try and post a pic.

It does give you a nice soft handed print.  Not very bright though.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 01:50:51 PM »
That's what I'd like to us it for Next Level and Ringspun light color shirts, which will have nice pastel color

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »
Ok got my kit of inks awhile back, still have not used them all but what I do like is the black inks, most of us might say black ink is black ink, but it does have a print difference.  Printing my regular black inks on light colors say white shirt without a nice medium to hard stroke or double stroke you can see something like pinholes in the ink if you hold the shirt up to light, but with One Strokes water color black it penetrated the shirt nice in one pass leaving a nice black solid print.  what made me thing of this was reading another post and they talked about printing two blacks one for the picture the other for texts to get a nice solid black text, I believe if you use 1 Strokes black you could achieve this in one print pass and get a nice black text and pic with halftones.  These inks might have a place in my shop once I get more into them, plus the print is soft hand.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:52:40 PM by 3Deep »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
We just ran our first sample of the white, a single hit on a Canvas tri-blend dark heather, then a PFP; the PFP looked a little, well, plasticky... the single hit didn't cover, but looked perfectly natural, and the customer really liked it, which counts the most. Through a 230 mesh for those wondering. As someone said, it has it's place...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Robert Clark

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2017, 02:24:41 PM »
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to post some Watercolor pics from our great customers. These guys & gals have pushed  the Watercolor series to new limits with great success.

We have a wide range of mesh that was used, everything from 158 - 305.

WOW printing, not a problem.
Soft prints, not problem.
Golf towels, not a problem.

If you are looking for something new, something that will speed up your production. Look no further.  Give this series try, you will not be sorry .
Robert Clark
One Stroke Inks
Senior Account Manager
rclark@osinks.com
(800)942-4447

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2017, 03:18:52 PM »
Show me white on CC pig dyed Crimson ;)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »
I don't think these are intended to be bleed resistant Tony.

But let's see these after 5 wash/dry cycles. Fibrilation is always the enemy in this application.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2017, 11:49:32 AM »
I do like the idea of bringing small towels back into the fold for some customers and may also be something nice for a couple of yoga clothing customers I have, though they are very happy with our work, all plastisol.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to post some Watercolor pics from our great customers. These guys & gals have pushed  the Watercolor series to new limits with great success.

We have a wide range of mesh that was used, everything from 158 - 305.

WOW printing, not a problem.
Soft prints, not problem.
Golf towels, not a problem.

If you are looking for something new, something that will speed up your production. Look no further.  Give this series try, you will not be sorry .

Can you tell use what the print procedure was for the whites we're seeing? I was under the impression a discharge base (or a heavier plastisol base) was necessary to obtain bright colors & whites on dark substrates with this ink.
Nice guys laugh last.