Author Topic: After exposure Washout  (Read 4524 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: After exposure Washout
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 01:57:17 PM »
Just get the cheapest/smallest dip tank you can find that fits your screen size instead of a kiddie pool, lol.  Much less floorspace needed and you can put a lid on it so bugs and dirt don't get in it.  I got two tanks for $50 off a guy a few months back that fit 2 23x31 screens each, but only usually have one screen in them at a time.  I think they take up maybe 8"x25" max.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 07:00:10 PM »
Just get the cheapest/smallest dip tank you can find that fits your screen size instead of a kiddie pool, lol.  Much less floorspace needed and you can put a lid on it so bugs and dirt don't get in it.  I got two tanks for $50 off a guy a few months back that fit 2 23x31 screens each, but only usually have one screen in them at a time.  I think they take up maybe 8"x25" max.
Yeah that's a crazy cheap deal, considering just 1 tank is at least a couple hundred new. We'll probably hunt for a used deal like that in the future, until then the screens can play in the pool ha! ;D 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 07:00:23 AM »
M&R Eco Wash

Offline Screen Dan

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
We use a dip tank and soak them for 5-10 minutes.  Each guy has their own technique they swear is the best and nobody else does this, but after I take them out of the tank I hit the squeegee side lightly from 5-6" away, evenly, until the image starts to develop.  Then I beat the living crap out of the shirt side from about 1" away with a 1400psi 3gpm.  The gun is adjustable but I usually dial it into about 15 degrees or so.

As long as you are exposing thoroughly the screens will hold up with all but the most chained open areas of up to 85% or so until you have to be careful at all.

Finicky fine half-tones (like smoke or fine clouds at 55lpi) I'll flip around again and attack from the squeegee side from 1" or so for a couple seconds before going back to the shirt side to finish it off.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 10:17:23 AM »
Never gave it much thought, put it in the sink and start spraying both sides right away. If we gang screens, say 4 manual sized, then we soak both sides of all four and keep going until washed out. The question is kind of a "chicken or the egg" thing. There are always more screens burning while we wash out, and into our screen dryer, though we have talked about a dip tank, it doesn't add anything to our process, just changes it, so we decided against it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't