Author Topic: Epson P800SP Accurip BlackPearl Printing Issue  (Read 71132 times)

Offline Rubysky

• Verified/Junior
Epson P800SP Accurip BlackPearl Printing Issue
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:43:43 AM »
Hi,
I'm new to silk screen printing and recently just purchased silk screen equipment hoping to set up t-shirt printing business. I purchased Epson P800SP from Lawson. It's been a lot up and down from the printer arrived defect and sending it back to Epson for repair. Its printing fine now on paper and I decided to try printing on Epson roll positive film that comes with SP edition. The printer will not accept the roll film and kept sending me "wrong position" notice though it was fine with roll paper. So I had to cut the roll film and print the film as a sheet.

I install Accurip black pearl and make some adjustment base on the manual. I set the printing resolution at 1440 dpi. It's the lowest. The other is 2800 I think... Ink droplet at 12. After setting up the black pearl, I went to Photoshop and click print and just choose "Accurip to Epson P800" output and the image came out terrible. It has tiny white zigzag at the edge of the graphic and black ink pool towards inside. Additional thick line appears overlap the graphic. My question is, what kind of setting you guy do on Accurip black pearl? Have you guys run into this kind of issue?

The graphic I am printing is spot color, 1 color. It comes out totally different from preview. Its just Wow!

Seeking advise :)

Thanks.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson P800SP Accurip BlackPearl Printing Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:28:08 AM »
show a pic, that would help... also, printing directly from Photoshop? We export to Illustrator to output film, or Corel for the many that use it. Though we have never printed from PS to film, I know after a certain older version of PS that the printing was disabled, at least for film output.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't